Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Preussen
Thank´s a lot

[nemo@Jolla ~]$ dconf write /apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/password 'jolla' error: 0-5:unknown keyword

Usage:
dconf write KEY VALUE

Write a new value to a key

Arguments:
KEY A key path (starting, but not ending with '/')
VALUE The value to write (in GVariant format)

[nemo@Jolla ~]$

Where is my issue? can anybody help me?
Thanks

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
@Ming1

The correct command should look like this:

Code:
dconf write /apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/password "'your_password'"

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Ming1 View Post
'jolla' error: 0-5:unknown keyword
this is (obviously) doesn't look like your password

Thanks, now it works.

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hi. I had to go back to Jolla from N9 again and I just installed the official whatsapp client. I am not receiving any notifications however. Back when only on android app could be opened at time, there was the workaround to open some launcher application and leave whatsapp to run in the background and then you would receive notifications. Is there some similar workaround that is working with the current OS?

I read that Mitakuuluu can still also be used. However, last time I did this Mitakuuluu started to lag heavily. I think that was with the latest release. Also I am not keen on missing messages from android users. So to my understanding official app is currently the smartest option, right?

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Hi. I had to go back to Jolla from N9 again and I just installed the official whatsapp client. I am not receiving any notifications however. Back when only on android app could be opened at time, there was the workaround to open some launcher application and leave whatsapp to run in the background and then you would receive notifications. Is there some similar workaround that is working with the current OS?

I read that Mitakuuluu can still also be used. However, last time I did this Mitakuuluu started to lag heavily. I think that was with the latest release. Also I am not keen on missing messages from android users. So to my understanding official app is currently the smartest option, right?
Yep, I'm using the official client without much hassle currently. A few occational problems with synchronizing and showing the names of my contacts, but otherwise it's working ok. I heard rumors that whatsup is coming to Sailfish in the future though. Are there a new Mitakuuluu in the works also...I think I read it earlier in this thread, but I'm not sure it's confirmed?

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by latency View Post
Yep, I'm using the official client without much hassle currently. A few occational problems with synchronizing and showing the names of my contacts, but otherwise it's working ok. I heard rumors that whatsup is coming to Sailfish in the future though. Are there a new Mitakuuluu in the works also...I think I read it earlier in this thread, but I'm not sure it's confirmed?
Hi, I have also tried to find information about a new native whatsapp client. Unfortunately there is no confirmed information about it. Only rumors. It would be really nice to have some information, is it on the way, is it a week, 6 month ahead, or anything. I'm sure people would be willing to donate if they had any clue what is happening where and when. At the moment the only usable solution is to use android client. Not good.

The Following User Says Thank You to M_NP For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
How about the notification issues that I asked? Are you receiving notifications and their sound@ M_NP @ latency?

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
How about the notification issues that I asked? Are you receiving notifications and their sound@ M_NP @ latency?
Notifications work when the app is running on the multitasking view. You just have to install android app which lets you install notifications, and add one. After that whatsapp notifications start to work.

Would be nice to get rid of the android app...

The Following User Says Thank You to M_NP For This Useful Post:

Tags
coderus, it's a trapp, jolla, sailfish, whatsapp, whatscrapp