Notices

Originally Posted by radiosw View Post
Luz it took me a couple of goes to get it going on the new version but it works now fine on vodafone uk but only in havoc mode.
Thanks mate, I will keep going!! Will start again and re-input all settings etc, did you add two new APNs MMS and Internet or just one MMS as I have done, as I do not use auto connect.... did you put your number in or just a 0, if your number did u use +44? thanks in advance for answers...

If not I will uninstall and wait for the elusive PR!!!

What should I check if fMMS takes forever (or at least more than one hour) opening an MMS? It just hangs there with busy animation..

I'm currently trying to find out what the guy send me...

I did open an MMS I sent to myself from my providers website, so it does sort of work..

Wait a sec, it does time out with failed to download mms if I use polite, if I choose havoc or rude it just says it failed to connect to the internet.

Last edited by haj; 2010-05-11 at 18:51.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
To quote myself from the FIRST POST.

Encountered an error?
Please do the following:
Open X-Terminal and enter the following:
cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/

Then either use the email client on the N900 to send me 'fmms.log' or connect it as "Mass Storage" and send it from your desktop computer - the file is in the root directory when plugged in as mass storage device.
In the email/reply please include what operator you are on and in what country, as well as your forum username (if registered) and a link to any relevant post you may have posted in this thread. Thanks!
Please send the email to: fmms@frals.se or post it as an attachment in a reply to this topic.

Thank you kindly for taking your time to read the first post of this topic as a sign of gratitude for the hours me and the rest of the community has put in to this project.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-05-12 at 02:36.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
frals, i wrote letter with wrong characters in list view and logs late, but bug not resloved. May be you can find time to resolve it?
Why fMMS show recieved text not us sended in list view?

logfile sent to you
impossible to send and recieve any kind of MMS.

i finally have been able to enjoy the luxury of fmms. it took a long time to get to that point after countless configuration attempts. before i upgrade to the latest version can anyone confirm it works in the usa on tmo network? i would hate to upgrade and then start having bug issues as it is finally working perfectly for me lol. i know i know i am supposed to be testing it but i am getting spoiled having this ability. scared to say good bye to it. lol

Its working great on Malaysia Digi Network. No configuration needed except identification number is your national type number ie. 016+ 7 digits

cheers

frals; sorry..

Actually I just got it working, Looks like my APN was setup wrong for some reason, don't know how I got that test MMS through then though.

it's seems very slow opening the messages, but I guess that's normal?

One feature you could think about implementing is Vcard support.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
frals, i wrote letter with wrong characters in list view and logs late, but bug not resloved. May be you can find time to resolve it?
Why fMMS show recieved text not us sended in list view?
It's on the list (regarding non-latin characters not being shown properly in the main view).
Not sure what you mean?

Originally Posted by haj View Post
frals; sorry..

Actually I just got it working, Looks like my APN was setup wrong for some reason, don't know how I got that test MMS through then though.

it's seems very slow opening the messages, but I guess that's normal?

One feature you could think about implementing is Vcard support.
Np, 99 times out of a 100 it's something wrong with the APN settings

It's slow the first time because it's downloading the message unless it is downloaded, after that it should be fast

Originally Posted by whitepanther View Post
logfile sent to you
impossible to send and recieve any kind of MMS.
I'm investigating, not sure why DNA is suddenly rejecting MMS from fMMS as it was working fine previously and I can't think of any change that could have broken it.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Originally Posted by frals View Post

I'm investigating, not sure why DNA is suddenly rejecting MMS from fMMS as it was working fine previously and I can't think of any change that could have broken it.
It did not work before since it been first time downloaded. I've tried many times, but still nothing.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python