Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Oh that seems reasonable, thanks for the help Etuoyo!

How can I create transparent icons on my N900 (seeing as how I dont have a computer to create them)?
One method is to use something like Gimp in Easy Debian or another image editor that supports transparent backgrounds. Or get a user to upload one :P
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Gimp eh? Im allready confused .

If someone could make one for me, Id greatly appreciate it =) !

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by slai View Post
Gimp eh? Im allready confused .

If someone could make one for me, Id greatly appreciate it =) !
Theres one attached in my previous post. Its transparent so its hard to see (as it should). it'll be inside the attachment box, maybe highlight the page to see it.

or here it is again http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1292667905

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2010-12-18 at 11:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
ah I thought that was the case, but being at work Ive got limited time to scrutinize =P

Thanks a ton! Ill try to get this done tonight, maybe Ill have the most clutterfree desktop ever .

Etuoyo, got any idea where I can find txts similiar to those you provided earlier, only for these apps:

fMMS
Application Manager
X-term
Images
MediaBox
Media Player
FastSMS

?

EDIT: edited the OP to include these things and also a few more things Im pondering =) .

Last edited by slai; 2010-12-19 at 22:40.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
why use queen beecon when you can just make all the normal shortcut icons transparent?
did you look in the huge mods thread that contains every icon mod you could possibly think of and their location, i think its in the fremantle section

Because I have no idea how to do that, I only know how to remove the background shade of the icons. Also: resizing icons is hugely helpful for the overall goal of having hotkeys match points on the wallpapers =) .

i didn't get the (invisible homescreen) idea ! from your screenshots if you mean transparent icons in the desktop you can go into your theme folder ---> images , then delete (or change name) a picture called appbackground.png or something like that

The Following User Says Thank You to AgogData For This Useful Post:

To explain: this is one of my homescreens. Ive made it so that when I press the largest blossomleaf in the wind, it launches microB. When I press her right side eye it launches contacts, the mouth is conversations, and the ear/blossom is phone app. I want fMMS on her left eye as well, and Id like all my homescreens to operate like this.

Point is to have (almost) nothing showing except the wallpaper, but hide the shortcuts in the wallpaper design.

Super nice xd