Hello from Spain !
In general, I am really enchanted with my 770. (After surfing in a Treo 650, you really appreciate the size and quality of the screen).

But I am a bit disappointed because my 770 becomes sluggish after 15 minutes approx. browsing the web. The screen does not respond properly and charging the windows is very slow. I delete the cache, and get some improvements but at the end I have to reset the device.
Are you having the same problem?
Thank you for your help

The browser sometimes leave processes behind which gobble up memory.

If you install an xterm you can run a "ps" and see them. The browser is called "browser" :-)

Run a "killall browser" from the xterm and your tablet will become responsive again.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Brussels
I have the same problem. Sometimes the browser even freezes.
It is clear why Nokia is not rolling out this device yet in big numbers.

Lets hope it is fixable in software!! Dont want to have to return my 770 for a fix.

Originally Posted by JPB
I have the same problem. Sometimes the browser even freezes.
Me too! Not so often though. Closed browser, stll sluggish, opened xterm, ps showing no browser processes, TOP showed command 'events/0' which took most of the cpu time (70-99%). Has anyone else checked processes in their device when it starts to get sluggish?

me too, i have the same problem...

Well, one application that most definitely clogs up the tablet is the News Reader. līve noticed that the reader can spawn one new entry in the ps-list every time you refresh the feeds. Drove me crazy until l installed the X terminal!

Zup

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
I've only had my 770 for like a day, but so far, i'm not too impressed. It's not that fast, it's actually quite sluggish.

All of the apps have crashed on me more than once.

Configuring my ISP's IMAP system doens't work at all, it sometimes shows messages, but most of the time just an empty mailbox.

And it loses my wifi connection every 2 minutes (apple airport extreme)

when opening a lot of webpages (with only the browser open) it warns me for low memory

and i've already check, but got the latest os....

if i could, i'd give it back and ask for my cash....

Originally Posted by cuckoo
if i could, i'd give it back and ask for my cash....
Sell it on eBay. Given that there are a lot of people who want them and Nokia isn't shipping any you might even get more money than you paid for it

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ The Netherlands
Thank for the hint...

But before i quit all together, i'll try some more, but it's a machine hard to like