Notices

hi ...is there any temple run like game for maemo5 n900? plz help!

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
The N900 is not a gaming device, if you love to play games buy a cheap android tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
what a nice answer... and it is not true that N900 is not gaming device.

In a more gentle way to say it:

N900 is not a target phone for app maker. You will not find recent and "shiny" apps on it.

But, it is a wonderful linux computer. which mean you can do a lot of unexpected stuff if you get your hands dirty.

Also, you can access to a huge collection of games through all of the console emulator available, Mupen64, pcsx, docsnes, vgba, vscumm, etc, etc... There is an emulator for LOTS of system. and most of which are running really fine. Also, some of them can be combined with sixaxis to connect your ps3 controller which is really great!

You can also, but at your own risk, try to install android on your n900. I never did it but it is possible (even if quite difficult if you aren't really techie). And even though you can't make call, you can use android apps.

And if you can't live without this game and no other solution satisfy you, yes, you can buy a cheap android device.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
It was never made as a gaming device, and it never will be. The only reason the N900 has such cool emulators is because porting them was pretty easy, due to it also being Linux.

And there are recent and shiny apps, for instance Yappari / Tweetian.

Not here to fight about what the N900 can do and what I can't. People just need to realise the N900 is getting older and older. You can't expect it to have these apps and still be the awesome device it was a few years ago. I will hold onto this device for as long as I can but it won't be my main device.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
...but strange that they still develop for Gingerbread API levels. It's also getting older & older.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Install Nitdroid on N900
Install Temple Run within Nitdroid
Instant Profit!

Originally Posted by milanhsoni View Post
hi ...is there any temple run like game for maemo5 n900? plz help!
Hi, if you really want "Temple run" for N900, you need to ask authors of Temple run.

If you are asking games similar than Temple run, have you already tried with google? It is OK to ask if somebody have already done any researching on this topic.

If it is open source and runs on desktop linux (and not heavily using openGL) it could be run on N900. Post your findings here.

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
The N900 is not a gaming device, if you love to play games buy a cheap android tablet.
Personally, I much prefer the n900 with game gripper to an Android device with touch controls, but I'm old-school.