I hope not to offend anyone, do not pretend that!

I just got an N900 and I'm a bit lost, there are two things that do not understand why not go ahead, one of them is the development in the camera.

I have read some post that say it is impossible for hardware task brings out the recording in 720p.

For what reason?

If that was not possible ...
with the speed of the N900's internal memory, it could increase the recording bitrate by default?

I know, N900 have:

Carl Zeiss Optics, OMAP3430 ( IVA2+ Encoder/Decoder OF HD720P Content )

A FAST internal transfers, i have got a lot of phones and this is the fastest of all.

Well the Samsung H1 is a bit better xd

back to the original topic...
If is there any hardware limitation, can only be the camera right? but you are sure about what model have? recording modes support...etc

For example, motorola defy doesn't suport 720P recording, a lot of people says is hardware feature blahblahblah.... but now, a chinese guy make real our dream. 720P recording...

Same happens here, a lot of people saying no! imposible, the hardware, others noo! the software.

[Deleted words xd]

PD: I am not a developer but I am sure that here are many and good developers.

PD2: Excuse my bad english

Last edited by rocky333; 2011-03-10 at 15:14.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rocky333 For This Useful Post:
Actually, I would be very pleased if someone fixed the jagginess of video recording in the n900.

I'm almost certain it doesn't even use the GPU to process things, otherwise it would be good enough, but even with a 1.15GHz overclock it drops frames and it is awful quality.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jotoco For This Useful Post:
That is true, but... maybe with android? or Meego?

The lagginess of the video, maybe is the sensor?
that isn't a I/O Read problem right?

For the way The default recording at full frames with a little bit more bitrate, i think will be OK, and more than sufficient.

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
why if you new to maemo you would think you are the first one to ask those questions? just use search next time, and if you want something or do it yourself or you free to ask Nokia, they might be little busy with wp7 though

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I read your post, and I regret that I must sentence you to death by stoning, or the TMO equivalent, which is to gather all N900s with a broken USB port and throw them at your head. Whoever deals the fatal blow gets the bonus prize (free copy of Angry Man). You have a 10 second start to escape. I suggest that you start running.

My website

GitHub

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Before 720p, recording 480p without dropped frames would be a good start.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post
Stop crying and make something!!
I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and chalk this up as a translation issue. Please be aware though that this sounds incredibly douchey in English.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
i searched, but i can't find anithyng relevant...

Here are a lot of posts... a lot!! and with many pages...

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I read your post, and I regret that I must sentence you to death by stoning, or the TMO equivalent, which is to gather all N900s with a broken USB port and throw them at your head. Whoever deals the fatal blow gets the bonus prize (free copy of Angry Man). You have a 10 second start to escape. I suggest that you start running.

Lol, i'm dead now xDDDDDDDD *shigh*

PD: i add that the majority of post ending in nothing, do not conclude anything.

Last edited by rocky333; 2011-03-10 at 15:19.

Yes, this is true.

The reason many threads end with nothing is that if there's a chance that it can be done, there's no negative exit. And while there is no incentive but quite a hard work to get something working, there'll be no positive exit either. While it would be a good thing to have better video recording, it's not about to happen any time soon.