Notices

There have been some great apps released for the N900 since the turn of the year, such as the FM radio, QRadio, the Mediabar etc, etc and I just wonder what else is being developed by the forums fantastic developers, we know AGMohammed let slip recently he is working on a new media player but I just wonder if any other developers would share there work with the forum?

Or is there somewhere we can look in the forum or reposities to see what is in the pipeline or us "end users"?

If it is not the done thing to ask such a question on the forum then just please ignnore my post!!

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
This a good thread to see what being developed: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33974

Edit: Wait that thread hasn't been touched since nov 10. lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
myself and many others thought that the recently released rockbox deb port was a quantum leap, i noticed you hadnt mentioned it. worth checking out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
i alfoso read abot the new media player app i hope we can get a lick version to see and support the work he's doing; because we really need a new media player after intensive proyect die some time ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
So is it only 4 being developed or are all the developers keeping their plans a secret. If so how do they know more than one person is not working on developing the same app etc at the same time, and so duplicating the work??

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
So is it only 4 being developed or are all the developers keeping their plans a secret. If so how do they know more than one person is not working on developing the same app etc at the same time, and so duplicating the work??
Keep in mind not all developers read this every day or if they do, they don't see every thread.

I've recently released a much more polished version of DialCentral and ejpi (and before that, Gonvert). I'm going to eventually do the same for my other apps but first I'm helping out on getting Omnom (Pac-man clone) ready for extras-testing and I need to package and test all of my apps on Meego. I'll wait and see where I'll go after that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epage View Post
Keep in mind not all developers read this every day or if they do, they don't see every thread.

I've recently released a much more polished version of DialCentral and ejpi (and before that, Gonvert). I'm going to eventually do the same for my other apps but first I'm helping out on getting Omnom (Pac-man clone) ready for extras-testing and I need to package and test all of my apps on Meego. I'll wait and see where I'll go after that.
Just in case you thought otherwise I was only joking when I said "just 4" as it clear from the forum there is a lot of development activity at the moment and I can only hope that remains so for a while yet, it could be the promised QT apps are now starting to arrive?

Anyway you and the rest of the developers please keep up the good work of end users like me.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I'm going to release a RSS Feedreader application with some eye candy that I have written for the WeTab MeeGo tablet, just to show how easy it is for developers to target MeeGo and Maemo PR 1.3 at the same time.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I'm going to release a RSS Feedreader application with some eye candy that I have written for the WeTab MeeGo tablet, just to show how easy it is for developers to target MeeGo and Maemo PR 1.3 at the same time.
That sounds nice.
Maybe you can implement a desktop widget with some sort of horizontal layout and scroll text :9

The Following User Says Thank You to NightShift79 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bang!-->, blocked, just gay apps, just shoot me