Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by jpurnomosidi View Post
But how the phone will detect the capacity of 2000 mah on 2 stack battery?

Pisen bl-5j battery http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.39120 i heard also good too
from the circuit board, it tells the phone how big the battery is.
But there is a big problem with this method, there is a resistor on the circuit board that gives the value to the phone and thats why all the fake battery's i tested so far all said that they are 1250mAh but as i tested them they where only 800mAh.

I can change the resistor on the circuit board to get the phone to display 2400mAh, but it is not necessary, the phone continues to operate until it sees a voltage of 3.3V, so it wouldn't matter if i put one of my 6000mAh+ battery's on it and the phone reported it to be 1250mAh, it would still use all 6000mAh+.

N900 Software BME

Side note pisen battery will be added to the list all so.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-11-16 at 08:37.

Well, I also wanna know if Pisen lives up to its expectation or not. I happened to order pisen battery (about 3-4 weeks) and still didn't receive it yet (via free airmail). But I read that Pisen is a quite big company in China. Maybe Japod's equal or even better.

Here is the official site of Pisen: http://www.pisen-store.com/

Test completed for:
Nokia BL-5J Battery from 'christgift' (EBAY)

0010 Goto #1 post for result

hi there. I bought the 96 dollar extended battery, but I found the back door to be HUGE so I guess I am not going to use it anymore. It did have a big effect (it is sitting on the shelf if anybody in US is interested). Anyways, what do you guys think about this battery:
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...t-battery.html

Originally Posted by gomaemo View Post
hi there. I bought the 96 dollar extended battery, but I found the back door to be HUGE so I guess I am not going to use it anymore. It did have a big effect (it is sitting on the shelf if anybody in US is interested). Anyways, what do you guys think about this battery:
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...t-battery.html
im of course not going to test the mugen battery because i think it is way to expensive, but as i wrote i bought the cover from mugen for 7$ and now 2x battery's for under 10$, so thats 17$ for a 2500mAh battery with cover.

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
I just ordered the cover alone from mugen, the battery's are solder together bare without the circuit board and the circuit board has been relocated outside and just the pins remain in the plastic top from the battery's.
The mugen cover cost 7$ with shipping

will update with more and better pics soon on the 2 post.
1) Why did you take the circuit boards off and put one of them back "outside" of the two parallel batteries?

2) Couldn't one just solder two same kind of (and about same age) batteries parallel by their (+) and (-) pins and leave the circuit boards inside?
3) (then) The 3rd pin of just one of the batteries is then connected to N900 to give normal size of resistor to N900 like all fake batteries do?

4) How have you open the battery's case so you can only get cables in without breaking the connectors (and also circuit board out)?

I only have two original BL-5J batteries and I wouldn't want to break them any more than necessary to test them parallel.

5) Can you also charge your two-pack battery through N900's micro-USB-connector?

hey shadowjk going back to the battery you pointed out, would you recommend this over the stock battery? Also frost if you are looking for the best aftermarket battery shouldn't you conisder the high capacity battery? based on shadows input looks like it could be better than the japods

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
1) Why did you take the circuit boards off and put one of them back "outside" of the two parallel batteries?

2) Couldn't one just solder two same kind of (and about same age) batteries parallel by their (+) and (-) pins and leave the circuit boards inside?
3) (then) The 3rd pin of just one of the batteries is then connected to N900 to give normal size of resistor to N900 like all fake batteries do?

4) How have you open the battery's case so you can only get cables in without breaking the connectors (and also circuit board out)?

I only have two original BL-5J batteries and I wouldn't want to break them any more than necessary to test them parallel.

5) Can you also charge your two-pack battery through N900's micro-USB-connector?
1) 1 version and it works so haven't made a new one, not that i don't have the parts, i am going to use same setup but with the new battery's that i just got that has 1250mAh each. (see post #1)
2) yes, but can be tricky
3) yes, the resistor is not important for the function of the battery
4) not that hard, there are 2 versions, 1: uses screw's at each end at the connector side, 2: connector is glued on. You can pull the connector from the battery because it has a bit of loose "wire".
5) Yes as long as the battery's are connected in parallel, but cant guarantee if you use 2 battery's and just connect them + + & - - from the connector's, since the - of the battery goes through the circuit (for low voltage cutoff).

Originally Posted by N900MAN View Post
hey shadowjk going back to the battery you pointed out, would you recommend this over the stock battery? Also frost if you are looking for the best aftermarket battery shouldn't you conisder the high capacity battery? based on shadows input looks like it could be better than the japods
Yes and i will be ordering one soon.

The plan with this thread is to test as many battery's as possible to let you out there know where it's "safe" to buy.
I don't mind taking one or many for the team

Also important to know, if some battery is missing protective circuit or has components missing.
Nokia claims many "cheap" batteries do not have protective circuits and therefore could explode.

More photos would be nice of the breaked batteries, solder points and such. Diagram of the whole circuit would be useful also to make sure one has understood your "version 1".

Last edited by zimon; 2010-11-17 at 00:16.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc