Notices

Originally Posted by Reeby View Post
Nice looking app! Definitely with a future in store for it, but...
1. New yesterday's update crashes on the icon start (only x-term)
2. Routing poin2point and all others, in fact, don't work but freeze and make the app unresponsive (might be my distant away-from-routable area location is in blame, but why freeze?).
3. "Log track" button....and you get a blank screen forever. Have to terminate the app, because it's the only way out.
upd
4. the map scrolling became all jerky and slow after the update

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
Unfortunately the version of find on stock N900 is even more cut down than the usual busybox one and doesn't support the -exec option. Here's what works:

Code:
find /opt/modrana -type d | xargs chmod o+x
OK, looks like its time for 0.12-9.

Originally Posted by zvogt View Post
Also, the image that's being used for the desktop shortcut looks like it's much larger than the button size, and it's getting trimmed rather than scaled.
For some reason, the icon in the "scalable" folder was 390x390 instead of 64x64. I added the right size, that hopefully fixes the issue.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Tried to upload route to OSM; OSM said:
Found no good GPX points in the input data.
The log is fine, I can see it in modrana program. But something is wrong with its format.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/G...ad_properly.3F

First, it has a lot of 'ns0' inside it. Second, it doesn't have <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>. Third, it misses timestamps in points.

It was an old version of modrana (when the options weren't saved at all). Later I will try to install the newest version.
ModRana is using the upoints module for inmport and export of GPX. Upoints uses the standard Python ElementTree module for, which is what adds all the 'ns0', which should be harmless but looks ugly. I haven't yet got to testing the files created by modRana in other programs, so I'll look into it now. Considering timestamps, that is planed together with elevation, point name and description.

Request feature: when logging is on, show new log in green colour as it is recorded so that it is easier to see that it is recorded.
OK, ticket added.
And allow zooming out and seeing the whole world on one screen. It seems it cannot have zoom lower than eight now?
Yep, its like this to simplify the drawing algorithm. I think it could be extended, but IMO viewing the whole world on the screen is not a very often used feature. I added a lower priority ticket for this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Nice looking app! Definitely with a future in store for it, but...
1. New yesterday's update crashes on the icon start (only x-term)
2. Routing poin2point and all others, in fact, don't work but freeze and make the app unresponsive (might be my distant away-from-routable area location is in blame, but why freeze?).
3. "Log track" button....and you get a blank screen forever. Have to terminate the app, because it's the only way out.
1. and 3. could be caused by wrong permissions in the old versions, which should be hopefully fixed in the new one.
2. The routing feature uses an online routing provider (currently Google) and needs Internet connectivity to work. Unfortunately, there is no notification or a way to cancel a search in progress yet. Therefore, without connectivity it waits for the results before it times out. This should be fixed/improved when I get to it.

upd
4. the map scrolling became all jerky and slow after the update
Well, I didn't change anything concerning the the drawing of the map in the new version. You can try to start modrana from the terminal and look to the output if there are any error messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
2. The routing feature uses an online routing provider (currently Google) and needs Internet connectivity to work. Unfortunately, there is no notification or a way to cancel a search in progress yet. Therefore, without connectivity it waits for the results before it times out. This should be fixed/improved when I get to it.
If you're unable to make the query with a own timeout perhapt you're able to make the query using a background process and kill those if there is no response within 30 seconds?

This has the benefit hat your app is not unresponsive during the query. (but I guess more than moving the map should not be allowed during it to avoid a unexpecting state (menu open) when the background process delivers the result)

ok got modrana working. this is a pretty impressive effort. kudos to martin.

so how do i do i use address search? is this query routed to an online search based on the tile map service i use or something else? every address i key in doesn't work. it would be useful if i can type in an address for search and zoom in to the target location to pick an end point for a route.

right now i am a bit lost because i sometimes know where i am but don't really know the destination location on the map even though i have its address or generic location. having to scroll around the map to find the destination to route to isn't fun when you have no idea where to scroll to.

thanks for all the hard work, martin. really neat app.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
martin, you 12-8 version works great now.

hasnt crashed yet.

awesome job. thanks for making it.

for some reason, when i do an apt-get upgrade, or an apt-get install modrana, it says i am at the newest version already.

why is it not getting your updates directly?

i better check to see if i have the free non-free in my devel repo settings.

yup...its set correctly.

do you know why for some reason i cannot get when you update the product without going to the repo in a browser and checking?

I installed this app today for the first time through app manager.
At the end of the installation I got "Unable to install modRana". Wnen I checked the applicatiion uninstall info (inside app manager) it says at status "Broken but able to update". Despite this I could add the icon app and run it just fine. The only problem I noticed is the settings do not get saved.
To fix this I run as root the following:
Code:
apt-get remove --purge modrana
and
Code:
apt-get install modrana
The last one gave me this:
Code:
/home/user # apt-get install modrana
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  modrana
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 36 not upgraded.
Need to get 1082kB of archives.
After this operation, 3846kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org fremantle/free modrana 0.12-8 [1082kB]
Fetched 1082kB in 2s (536kB/s)   
Selecting previously deselected package modrana.
(Reading database ... 33471 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking modrana (from .../modrana_0.12-8_all.deb) ...
Setting up modrana (0.12-8) ...
postinst running
generating *.pyc files
Listing /opt/modrana ...
Listing /opt/modrana/cache ...
Listing /opt/modrana/cache/images ...
Listing /opt/modrana/cache/tracklogs ...
Listing /opt/modrana/data ...
Listing /opt/modrana/data/poi ...
Listing /opt/modrana/data/tiledata ...
Listing /opt/modrana/icons ...
Listing /opt/modrana/icons/bitmap ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/configobj ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/googlemaps ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/googlemaps/local_simlejson ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/googlemaps/local_simlejson/simplejson ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/googlemaps/local_simplejson ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/googlemaps/local_simplejson/simplejson ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/googlemaps/local_simplejson/simplejson/tests ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/pycha ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/pyrender ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/pyrender/blank ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/pyroutelib2 ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/threadpool ...
Listing /opt/modrana/modules/upoints ...
Listing /opt/modrana/nbproject ...
Listing /opt/modrana/tracklogs ...
seting modRana folder ownership and permissions
find: unrecognized: -exec
BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) multi-call binary

Usage: find [PATH...] [EXPRESSION]

dpkg: error processing modrana (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 modrana
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
/home/user #
Any idea?

Also, do you plan to have something like bookmarks for places (e.g. home, work, friendshouse, etc)?

Other than that this app is so great it almost brings tears of joy to my eyes, compared to n900 default GPS app!!! Good job!

Nevermind, I just updated to the .9 version and all is fine! Thanks!!!
Just answer this one:
Do you plan to have something like bookmarks for places (e.g. home, work, friendshouse, etc)?

Last edited by taxaza; 2010-07-28 at 21:19.

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps