I installed the patched version of Xperia X Sailfish X package (Sailfish OS 3.0.0.8 Trial) to X Compact and everything went well. Once again, thanks to g7 for tool.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
[Edit] Oh wait. I thought g7's image was the community build, while it actually is the patched image. Sorry. Great to hear that it works then!
I can confirm that it works on 3.0.0.8. Thanks a lot g7, this is awesome.

I got the same errors FlyingAero, with paid Sailfish X. But I haven't tried all paid features yet (I have close to no use for MS for exchange), however Dalvik and text prediction work well.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
I ran some benchmarks with my X Compact running on Sailfish 3 and got very strange results in Sysbench. I used these settings:
  • Single: sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=1 run
  • Multi: sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=6 run
I got constant results in multi core test (about 19s) but in single core test there is huge variation. Usually the results is 155s but sometimes 80s. I know that benchmarks are not very realible but this time it is very strange since I got either 155s or 80s, nothing else. Is this related to the issue of using the big cores? I remember that Jolla said during the launch of Xperia X Sailfish X package that foreground apps do not always run on the big cores. Is that fixed yet?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
I'm not sure if i should poste here, but a new thread is may be too much.

I have bought a X Compact for my wife and now i want to install salifish on it.

What was done:
- TA partition saved
- Licence bought
- Image downloaded "Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.0.0.8-f5121-0.2.1.11.zip"

Now I want to use the G7's sailfishx-patcher-f5321 and stuck on the end with:

Code:
cat: /vagrant/droid-config-f5121/kickstart/pack/f5121/hybris: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat 'patcher-tmp/work/Sailfish*.zip': No such file or directory
On the begin there were some more errors:

Code:
Error building the cache:
[adaptation0|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation0] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation0' because of the above error.
[adaptation1|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation1] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation1' because of the above error.
[aliendalvik|plugin:/ssu?repo=aliendalvik] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'aliendalvik' because of the above error.
Building repository 'apps' cache .............................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'customer-jolla' cache ...................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'hotfixes' cache .........................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'jolla' cache ............................................................................................................................................................[done]
[sailfish-eas|plugin:/ssu?repo=sailfish-eas] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'sailfish-eas' because of the above error.
Building repository 'tmp-compat-f5321' cache .................................................................................................................................................[done]
[xt9|plugin:/ssu?repo=xt9] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'xt9' because of the above error.
Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.
Did somebody had same error with 3.0?
I can't download an older image anymore.
I have used Win10, as i had troubles to flash my X with Linux before (Oct 2017).

EDIT: may be i found something, i have manually dowloaded the zip for git, by using the cliet there are some more files now
I will try again and let you know

EDIT2: no luck today
Code:
I: Syncing back the patched tree
I: Repacking
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 5: pushd: $'/tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.0.0.8-f5121-0.2.1.11/patcher-tmp/work\r': No such file or directory
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 6: $'\r': command not found
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 8: $'\r': command not found
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 10: $'\r': command not found
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 128: syntax error: unexpected end of file
I: Cleaning up...
Connection to 127.0.0.1 closed.

Last edited by Unreasonable Behaviour; 2018-12-12 at 18:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Unreasonable Behaviour View Post
I'm not sure if i should poste here, but a new thread is may be too much.

I have bought a X Compact for my wife and now i want to install salifish on it.

What was done:
- TA partition saved
- Licence bought
- Image downloaded "Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.0.0.8-f5121-0.2.1.11.zip"

Now I want to use the G7's sailfishx-patcher-f5321 and stuck on the end with:

Code:
cat: /vagrant/droid-config-f5121/kickstart/pack/f5121/hybris: No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat 'patcher-tmp/work/Sailfish*.zip': No such file or directory
On the begin there were some more errors:

Code:
[adaptation0|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation0] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation0' because of the above error.
[adaptation1|plugin:/ssu?repo=adaptation1] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'adaptation1' because of the above error.
[aliendalvik|plugin:/ssu?repo=aliendalvik] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'aliendalvik' because of the above error.
Building repository 'apps' cache .............................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'customer-jolla' cache ...................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'hotfixes' cache .........................................................................................................................................................[done]
Building repository 'jolla' cache ............................................................................................................................................................[done]
[sailfish-eas|plugin:/ssu?repo=sailfish-eas] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'sailfish-eas' because of the above error.
Building repository 'tmp-compat-f5321' cache .................................................................................................................................................[done]
[xt9|plugin:/ssu?repo=xt9] Valid metadata not found at specified URL
Warning: Skipping repository 'xt9' because of the above error.
Some of the repositories have not been refreshed because of an error.
Did somebody had same error with 3.0?
I can't download an older image anymore.
I have used Win10, as i had troubles to flash my X with Linux before (Oct 2017).

EDIT: may be i found something, i have manually dowloaded the zip for git, by using the cliet there are some more files now
I will try again and let you know

EDIT2: no luck today
Code:
I: Syncing back the patched tree
I: Repacking
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 5: pushd: $'/tmp/sailfish-image-patcher/Sailfish_OS-Jolla-3.0.0.8-f5121-0.2.1.11/patcher-tmp/work\r': No such file or directory
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 6: $'\r': command not found
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 8: $'\r': command not found
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 10: $'\r': command not found
patcher-tmp/work/repack.sh: line 128: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Connection to 127.0.0.1 closed.
Your tool is either not tested well enough since it seems to use your native filesystem and not expect it to be vfat ntfs or the like and barfs on the lineendings or symbolic links. Or you did something wrong with any git repo checkout like using native lineendings or unpacking things by hand instead of letting the script/tool do it. Did you move part of the stuff from your other computer to this one?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
Your tool is either not tested well enough since it seems to use your native filesystem and not expect it to be vfat ntfs or the like and barfs on the lineendings or symbolic links. Or you did something wrong with any git repo checkout like using native lineendings or unpacking things by hand instead of letting the script/tool do it. Did you move part of the stuff from your other computer to this one?
@ljo thanks for your replay

Instructions for the patcher are contained in git:
https://github.com/g7/sailfishx-patcher-f5321

You have to use vagrant which is creating an Vitual Box VM.
So every thing is running on the created VM.

I have tried it now on my Linux VM but there the limitation is Virtual Box (runnung VM in a VM) you will got: “VT-x is not available”

BUT, i copied the the files from git repo (VM Linux) to Win
and have now a patched image.

Code:
I: Done! Enjoy!
EDIT: Device is now up and running Sailfish 3.0.0.8

Last edited by Unreasonable Behaviour; 2018-12-13 at 12:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unreasonable Behaviour For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FlyingAntero View Post
I ran some benchmarks with my X Compact running on Sailfish 3 and got very strange results in Sysbench. I used these settings:
  • Single: sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=1 run
  • Multi: sysbench --test=cpu --cpu-max-prime=10000 --num-threads=6 run
I got constant results in multi core test (about 19s) but in single core test there is huge variation. Usually the results is 155s but sometimes 80s. I know that benchmarks are not very realible but this time it is very strange since I got either 155s or 80s, nothing else. Is this related to the issue of using the big cores? I remember that Jolla said during the launch of Xperia X Sailfish X package that foreground apps do not always run on the big cores. Is that fixed yet?
Have you seen this - https://together.jolla.com/question/...ia-17x-faster/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
Have you seen this - https://together.jolla.com/question/...ia-17x-faster/
Yes, I did see that earlier. If I have understand correct those A72 cores are in use in some usage scenarios but not always. That might reason for the strange results in sysbench.

The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingAntero For This Useful Post:
Updated g7's version to SFOS 3.0.1.11 without problems.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Manatus View Post
Updated g7's version to SFOS 3.0.1.11 without problems.
Concur with this although as only supposed to be bug fixes just a cautionary note that updating to Sailfish 3.0.1.11 destroys something and you will get "Waiting for network" message if Play Store previously installed. Updated both F5321(g7) and F5122 with this result, whilst downgrading both to 3.0.0.5 restored Play Store function again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post: