Active Topics

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Just noticed this.

Video that I recorded on the N900 (standard recording, no fcam drivers installed) play back just fine in the Media Player, but when I play the same video out the TV out cable the screen is blank and only the audio is heard.

Other videos from the net or side loaded play fine via the TV out. The normal N900 desktop also displays without error. It's only videos that I've recorded on the built in camera.

Anyone else see this? I'm running PR 1.3 with the latest power kernel OC'd to 950 Mhz.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
change the PAL/NTSC conf. i had the same problem time ago.

Hmmm, under Settings my TV Out was already set to NTSC, but I re-saved that setting to be sure. Still no joy. Is there a different PAL/NTSC conf that you adjusted?

I would think that if the video output setting were wrong, then nothing would show up, not just recorded video.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ vancouver washington usa
I get the same problem with some videos but I can usually get them to play by pausing and resuming a couple of times. Happens different with different players, I think it might do it less with it overclocked further. Sib uses mplayer I believe but it still seems more likely to play than kmplayer or the built in media player. Sometimes my video pauses when I lock the screen while playing a video and I have to unlock the screen, pause it, resume and then lock the screen again. I lock it to save on battery and not have the distraction of the phone showing the movie next to the tv.

The Following User Says Thank You to simmy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Hmmm, under Settings my TV Out was already set to NTSC, but I re-saved that setting to be sure. Still no joy. Is there a different PAL/NTSC conf that you adjusted?

I would think that if the video output setting were wrong, then nothing would show up, not just recorded video.
did you try to use PAL?

videos recorded using widescreen 16:9 don't work, try recording videos using "Fine 4:3"

The Following User Says Thank You to ayos! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ayos! View Post
videos recorded using widescreen 16:9 don't work, try recording videos using "Fine 4:3"
That seems to be it. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by ayos! View Post
Thing is, 16:9 videos used to work when I first got my N900 in Feb. Somewhere between the PR changes, OC kernels and tweaks, they stopped working. I can get them to work by using PAL on some NTSC LCD TVs or as you said by recording in 4:3.

We shouldn't have to forgo widescreen recordings. 800x480 recording was one of the main N900 advantages at release. Nokia or someone, needs to fix the TV out issue OR maybe the technical side community could identify the problem and formulate a resolution.

What good is have widescreen recording that cannot be used on the TV....

Would it be that DRM kicks in on the TV(high Def) where it refuses to show the video -- just a guess???

Last edited by cheve; 2010-11-29 at 18:38.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Castle Rock, CO. USA
I've experienced the same thing. I can't remember the last time I played a video out to the tv that I took with the N900, but I recently tried re-flashing and had the same problem on a fresh 1.2 and 1.3 flash. Even tried reflashing the EMMC. Wonder when this happened.

Is there a bug reported for it?