Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
I think you should upgrade, but only if you promise to take full advantage of your wonderful qwerty keyboard and stop using 'txt' English.

My god, is this a thread about the English language or about the advantages or disadvantages of PR1.3. Why don't you guys trade Email addresses or meet on Facebook !!?? So, back to the point, I downloaded PR1.3 OTA and didn't have to redo any mods with the exception that I had to redo the overclocking. I have the feeling the battery life is a little longer. One extreme improvement is the speed of the Email Program. My greatest hope is that since the device now is QT 4.7 compatible, that programmers will be writing cool new apps for Meego and Maemo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ER444 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Loki79bj View Post
I think that correct punctuation is two spaces after a full stop!
Wrong. Once true, now an obsolete rule.

P.S. You should upgrade. 1.3 is a definite enhancement. It takes awhile to appreciate it, so initial reports were unfairly negative.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-10-31 at 21:21.

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
for ur knowledge i have degree to my name!

So they come pretty cheap these days eh?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Wrong. Once true, now an obsolete rule.
I disagree. But with the English language there will be no definitive rule, it depends on your personal opinion, preference, location etc.

As to the OP, haven't you read any of the gazillion other threads about PR1,3? I'm sure after a 10 minute browse you'll be able to come to a good opinion in whether you want to upgrade or not.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
if you guys reflashing to pr1.3 this is what i notice, first of all dont do anything... just add your media player widget to desktop and play it look at xterms top, pulseaudio and mafw dbus wrapper its between 10-18% and overall cpu usage of 20 30% but when i installed OC kernel v37 and do the same thing my overall cpu usage 40-50% almost doubled is this normal? ive been watching it.
I also noticed that the OC kernel40 caused more video recording stuttering than the stock pr1.3 kernel. I reverted back to stock and the video recording became smooth again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
I disagree. But with the English language there will be no definitive rule, it depends on your personal opinion, preference, location etc.

As to the OP, haven't you read any of the gazillion other threads about PR1,3? I'm sure after a 10 minute browse you'll be able to come to a good opinion in whether you want to upgrade or not.
Sure, you can disagree! I think there should be 14 spaces after every period! Except on Tuesdays.

But editors like me have to look at prevailing standards. We can't just make things up.

Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
I'm GLAD I'm not alive anymore then, I literally abhor 'txtspk' :S
Sorry for bringing this up, but I just had to! "I'm glad I'm not alive anymore then?"

I had to write this, especially considering that it was you who said "Seriously though, my point is that using punctuation and proper grammar takes at most one second longer."

Originally Posted by ER444 View Post
My god, is this a thread about the English language or about the advantages or disadvantages of PR1.3. Why don't you guys trade Email addresses or meet on Facebook !!?? So, back to the point, I downloaded PR1.3 OTA and didn't have to redo any mods with the exception that I had to redo the overclocking. I have the feeling the battery life is a little longer. One extreme improvement is the speed of the Email Program. My greatest hope is that since the device now is QT 4.7 compatible, that programmers will be writing cool new apps for Meego and Maemo.
Glad to read the email program is working better and the battery life my two biggest bugbears

For those debating English and text speak I guess they need to realise that one of the English Languages strengths is how its evolved so quickly and so often around the world as well as the UK. What is real English? Even "Correct" written and spoken English Language changes and evolves over the years.

Possibly we should speak ye olde English

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ vancouver washington usa
I gotta say, I think the OP needs to figure out proper grammar and when and where it should be used before he should think about whether or not to upgrade.