Active Topics

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
No, as said in the first post: It is planned. The official library which can do this is closed source without any headers available, so I have to utilize any workarounds I can find. It just so happens that the workaround I found is rather long and, as such, will take a while for me to do.

Regarding the passive applet question: No, it is not one, and I have no plans on making it so.
Perhaps a mail on the -dev list requesting the name lookup mechanism would be good.
It could be useful in other scenarios too - like with fiferboys 3g data transfer logging app.

If it could group the transferred data by provider (for people who roam) it could provide a useful metric.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
@Andre

Will rename - but just the visible name, if I start to rename files and the actual package name, it will cause problems for those who have it already installed.

@lcuk

The headers for libconnui should be available but Nokia probably think they're too big an asset. With them, one can pretty much control the cellular parts. I certainly will not hold my breath hoping that Nokia will open-source them; for code that they have had to release due to it being GPL, they've used the same workarounds as I.

For fiferboy, he has to access GConf manually (for the data regarding sent/recieved totals) instead of being able to use the lovely functions Nokia provided in their library w/out headers.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-10-30 at 12:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
um where is this applet?
sorry for being such a noob

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hiya,

It's still in extras-devel. If you do not have it enabled, open this with the N900 browser which will enable extras-devel and offer to install the applet, automatically. Remember to disable extras-devel when done, and a reboot is required before it will load up.

And, linking to qgil's warning about extras-devel is also rather quite apt: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=343619

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Hiya,

It's still in extras-devel. If you do not have it enabled, open this with the N900 browser which will enable extras-devel and offer to install the applet, automatically. Remember to disable extras-devel when done, and a reboot is required before it will load up.

And, linking to qgil's warning about extras-devel is also rather quite apt: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=343619

Good man.

Excellent app BTW. This is the number one requested cell phone hack regardless of model since I have been active in the cell phone forums.

No need for any other purpose. If you keep it just like it is, I believe it will be the #1 down load in a very short time if the N900 takes off with the general public.

Dude, you should keep churning out these gems and offer them up as a collection called qwerty12's Utilities. You will end up being the dang Peter Norton of Maemo.

Also: If you don't mind a little publicity http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...2&postcount=21

It's a closed, stuck thread but I can remove it if you request it to be.

Also, Also: Is your most excellent wmlbrowser plugin package going to be available for the N900?

>> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=21384

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-11-13 at 00:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Quick question regarding the uninstallation of this application -

When i remove the application it still sits in my settings list under personalisation for a while. Every time i open the settings windows the option will appear for a few seconds and then disappear.

Any ideas as to why the menu thinks it is there and then realises it isn't?

Originally Posted by maxy0987 View Post
Quick question regarding the uninstallation of this application -

When i remove the application it still sits in my settings list under personalisation for a while. Every time i open the settings windows the option will appear for a few seconds and then disappear.

Any ideas as to why the menu thinks it is there and then realises it isn't?
Maemo 5 has a "feature" where a program can take a screenshot when exiting and that screenshot will be shown the next time the program is started - during its loading, that is.

But the Control Panel application is rather **** at updating its screenshot; run "rm -f /home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr" to delete its screenshot manually. The next time the Control Panel is started, it will generate a new screenshot.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2010-02-08 at 10:19.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
But the Control Panel application is rather **** at updating its screenshot; run "rm -f /home/user/.cache/launch/com.nokia.controlpanel.pvr" to delete its screenshot manually. The next time the Control Panel is started, it will generate a new screenshot.
Wokred. Thanks heaps!

Originally Posted by devildriven View Post
Hi, first post here so please excuse any incompetence.

Proud new owner of an N900 and have a question relating to the Custom Operator Widget.

Basically i installed it, then after deciding i didnt want it, uninstalled it.

All fine. Except...

When i go to the settings menu i can still see the option for the custom operator name (it dissapears shortly after) but i wondered if anyone could inform me why it still appears and if it is possible to fully remove any trace of it from the phone.

Hopefully hear back from one of you guys and thanks in advance!
Hint: read the thread. The solution is a few posts up before yours.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
Hey, thanks for the app it works great.

Although if I may suggest something, would it be possible to have the option to let the custom operator name display only when one is in their home network and not roaming?

That would help me avoid some unnecessary roaming charges.
Thanks for making apps like these

The Following User Says Thank You to rariss For This Useful Post: