The first two are the same as mine, the other one I don't have - I assume it's for a TOH?

You can install mcetool using pkcon. IIRC the package is called "mcetools".

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Sounds like ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
At the moment, the rest of the family (using Android devices on latest-ish version) are relying on my Jolla alarm in the morning, as they can't get theirs to work consistently, whilst not being woken up in the middle of the night by spurious notifications. Seems they get the alarm and the risk of the 2am beep, or no 2am beep, but no alarm. I'm sure it's possible, but it seems it's not a trivial set-up, and at least one has given up.

It pretty much guarantees that I'll not go back to Android, as long as the current notifications/sound fubar exists. Not that it was llikely anyway, as I'd rather go to a feature phone than back to Android.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
At the moment, the rest of the family (using Android devices on latest-ish version) are relying on my Jolla alarm in the morning
Maybe they should consider going back to basics.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Maybe they should consider going back to basics.
No need. I have a Jolla.

The Following User Says Thank You to skanky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by skanky View Post
At the moment, the rest of the family (using Android devices on latest-ish version) are relying on my Jolla alarm in the morning, as they can't get theirs to work consistently, whilst not being woken up in the middle of the night by spurious notifications. Seems they get the alarm and the risk of the 2am beep, or no 2am beep, but no alarm. I'm sure it's possible, but it seems it's not a trivial set-up, and at least one has given up.
In Lollipop (5.0) Settings -> Sound & Notifications -> Interruptions -> Downtime.

You can set days of the week and time that switches in and out of silent mode. Alarms are high priority interruptions so still sound. From what I gather not all manufacturers have added that feature though - it's there on my Sonys.

Before Lollipop I was using an app called 'Silent Sleep' which did the same thing. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.silentsleep

On my Jolla I was using an app as well though I can't remember what that was called now. Not 'Situations' which never really worked for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
In Lollipop (5.0) Settings -> Sound & Notifications -> Interruptions -> Downtime.

You can set days of the week and time that switches in and out of silent mode. Alarms are high priority interruptions so still sound. From what I gather not all manufacturers have added that feature though - it's there on my Sonys.

Before Lollipop I was using an app called 'Silent Sleep' which did the same thing. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.silentsleep

On my Jolla I was using an app as well though I can't remember what that was called now. Not 'Situations' which never really worked for me.
Yeah, we tried that, thanks. I forget which it was that happened. Either the alarm didn't work or there was noise in the night - it might have been that the phone vibrated, not sure. One of the alarms is a 3rd party app as it was wanted for gradual wakening. The other thing is the downtime is fuid so we don't want to programme it in, just toggle it on the fly - that may be possible, I don't know but it didn't seem obvious.

New one in Android with Situations and similar apps. Apparently they can't disable (or enable, I forget which) wifi automatically due to a change in lollipop? My wife was looking for a way to mimic my Situations behavior in my Jolla that turns wifi/phone network on an off based on whether I'm at home. I use to do that with Tasker when I used Android, but it seems the full behaviour is no longer possible? I don't know I'm not interested enough to look into it but she says that's the case now (can go one way, but not the other).

For some reason android notifications(more specifically WA) stopped working after I rebooted the phone couple times to change battery. Tried enabling & disabling the 'start on bootup' setting, but no . Any ideas? Running Björnträsket.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Jolla can drop, Jolla can bend.. in most but extreme cases the display survives based on shock absorption and elasticity of the frame components.

But after all that bending and dumping, especially the metal frame built out cast aluminum, a material not exactly known for its elasticity, can end up deformed permanently.

And that means the frame will be transferring tensions on the other part.

Luckily the Jolla is easy to disassemble to take out the frame.

And it better be because 2 years pass quick and once the warranty period is over without a successor in sight, it will be the mad max years of self repair and keep running with looted spare parts for those that don't want to send their phones to Finland for every dent and scratch.

Here is a picture of the bent frame: you can imagine my phone did not look like twisted that.
After "accident happens" the flexible materials would have wanted to return to their original shape.

However the aluminum frame was deformed and trying to counteract that return to straight and sexy industrial design.

You can carefully bend the frame back as if it was the frame of your sunglasses you've been sitting on.
Don't overdo it because you may break it easily and than your only chance will be Jolla Care.

Once you are happy again with the straight , sexy line of this masterpiece of industrial design you may reassemble the frame.

In the picture, the orange "the First One in Poppy Red" contains the frame, just repaired. The white one on top is still not repaired probably passing a lot of tension to the display.

Note that before reassembly I do put a few small strips of "duct tape" inside the top of the aluminum frame to serve as shock absorber.

Be careful not to cover the hole for the microphone though.
Attached Images

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Not sure where else to ask this...

Can you suggest a very simple, folder (as opposed to tracker/media database/MP3 tag/whatever) based music player? Something that does not care about tags, media art and all that cr&p. Something I can navigate to a folder and say, "play this". Something like Symfonie, for example.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience