Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
I doubt anyone would risk themselves that much just to serve others something so small.

The risk does not outweigh the self-satisfaction they'd feel.
The risk depends on what country you are in.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Perhaps we could collect money to pay the needed licence for Flash 10 ourselves to Adope?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Perhaps we could collect money to pay the needed licence for Flash 10 ourselves to Adope?
Somehow I doubt that this would work. It would be bad publicity for Adobe that some end users would need to pay them to get their "free" product.

However, would it be possible to negotiate with TI to get their development build of Flash 10 to be distributed more widely to Maemo community? Maybe community council (with help of Quim Gil maybe) could contact TI and negotiate on what terms we could install their version of Flash? Of course there could also be some impossible obstacles (like some licensing stuff between Adobe and TI) but atleast we could get more information about the situation.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Im just happy to know flash 10.1 is floating around, give it a week at the most and someone will have uploaded it somewhere,
i filled in the TI form myself but im not gonna hold my breath.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
However, would it be possible to negotiate with TI to get their development build of Flash 10 to be distributed more widely to Maemo community? Maybe community council (with help of Quim Gil maybe) could contact TI and negotiate on what terms we could install their version of Flash? Of course there could also be some impossible obstacles (like some licensing stuff between Adobe and TI) but atleast we could get more information about the situation.
This is a very good question, I will try to make some contacts on Council level so there is at least some hope of an official response before the whole thing erupts in a rapidshare frenzy and/or TI cutoff of distribution. Ideally, it would be cool if we could use tweakflashver to swap in-out this flash plugin *legally* just as we do the faked one (technically it's the same process).

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I did apply for this legitimately 5 days ago and have heard nothing, so I am hoping TI haven't decided to stop giving this out already.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
I did apply for this legitimately 5 days ago and have heard nothing, so I am hoping TI haven't decided to stop giving this out already.
Same here. Sigh.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Oh that would be totally ****ed up if the non-legit folks messed it up for the legit people.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Oh that would be totally ****ed up if the non-legit folks messed it up for the legit people.
Exactly what I was thinking...

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

Which is why I didnt apply for it, despite very much wanting it.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update