Active Topics

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post

I really hope Jolla is working on enabling buying new batteries.
At no point ever have they indicated that this is any sort of priority for them. So I rather doubt that they are doing anything about it at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
is that even legal what Jolla is doing?
I rather suspect that this is exactly why many months ago they briefly made available a very limited number of spare batteries (robbed from their warranty stock, I'd guess) - so that they could correctly say that technically spare batteries had been available, and thus avoid any legal action based on claims of false or misleading advertising.

Or maybe I'm just being too cynical.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
...so that they could correctly say that technically spare batteries had been available...
Yeah, "technically"...

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I'm also looking to buy a battery. I gave my Jolla to my mother a few months ago and she's complaining about the battery dying. The fact that I can't buy a replacement battery is horrific. When it's easier for me to replace the battery in my iPhone, something has gone horribly wrong.

Some messages from her (edited for readability):

1. This battery is dying, just thought I'd let you know.
2. Can you order a new battery for this phone and send it to my house?
3. YOUR PHONE IS LIVING OFF THE MAINS HELP

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Talk time & Battery
9 / 10 hours (GSM / 3G approx.)
User-replacemoveable battery
fixed it for them

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Not the best solution but...
I would give it a try

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.pt/2014/...lla-phone.html

Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Where do you live parasemic? If in germany I could help you.
I live in Finland.. :/

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Like what, provide a crappy service? I don't think there is a law against it. Customers usually vote with their wallets - which, if you think about it, they prety much did in Jolla's case (just look around you and count the Jollas).

Sadly for us, fewer customers results in an ever crappier customer service
Well, it's kinda false advertising selling the phone with "user-replaceable battery" but not providing one when needed..

Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
Solution to Jollas weird battery issue is to support SailfishosOS on Nexus5

The Nexus5 has a 'non-removable' battery but you can replace it by yourself easily

Edit: Wrong copy / paste link.
As far as I've understood the SFOS ports don't have android runtime, which is a dealbreaker for me with the now-gone facebook support etc.

Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Hope you asked them why, if this was the case, their own website continues to advertise the Jolla as having a "User-replaceable battery"
They just said they don't have one and I got really offended by the way they replied to me...
"Sorry for this situation. We hope, if you some day see the batteries are available, you purchase one and boot up your Jolla again"
(translated by me)

Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Not the best solution but...
I would give it a try

http://reviewjolla.blogspot.pt/2014/...lla-phone.html
I've understood the battery runs on different voltage than standard making malfunction a bit too much of a possibility. I'd rather not take even a small risk of battery explosion or something

Last edited by parasemic; 2015-06-25 at 14:31.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
I've understood the battery runs on different voltage than standard making malfunction a bit too much of a possibility. I'd rather not take even a small risk of battery explosion or something
I would not worry about that. Lithium batteries' nominal voltage as printed on the battery can be anything between 3.6 and 3.8V but that really only depends on who you ask. They all use the same technology and are replaceable, voltage-wise. Of course, the capacity may vary.

I have my jolla from this year but i like to buy a battery (always is good a replace), i like sailfishOS and jolla phone but is really disappointong support it without support for us =(

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strobovalo For This Useful Post: