Active Topics

Notices

Hello everyone
Is there a way of increasing the N900's scrolling framerate? There was a thread on it already but there it was about Qt and Fremantle not being Qt based. I'm wondering if you can up it to 60 fps another way?
Thanks

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I noticed that scrolling gets smoother when I overclock. You could try that.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
I'll try that later today

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
I'll try that later today
WARNING: Overclocking may make your device becoming a little unstable at some point. ie: some video cannot be played or some pictures cannot be display. Camera app will not run unless you get the right frequency cpu.

Phone become much faster on single task. But when opening app manager and Browser you'll end up with a freeze. Just a browser also could lead to frozen windows. But hey it's happened to me, may not happening to you. OC is only good when playing Psx4all though I overclocked mine to 1GHz and it runs smoother. But there is also a downside. Nothing is Pro all the way, there is always CON!

can somebody please fix this?60 fps throughout the phone?pictur scrolling is horrible!!

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
app mgr and browser dont freeze at all for me, im overclocked to 850mhz or 1ghz or default, depending on what im doing, never had a freeze issue or any probs with it whatsoever, scrolling and general operation of phone are much better when im oc'd

But im sure there is a file that could be modified to alter the friction of the scrolling...i mean the same way transitions.ini can be changed.

See the scrolling in Mediabox, its awesome, just like the iPhone, which despite how much i hate apple, scrolling and the ui generally is fantastic.

Just to add in im typing this on my OC'd (1.1ghz), dual booting (Android + Maemo)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M00NB34M For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
overclocking will increase scrolling and responsiveness and everything else.

it is at your own risk.

im overclocking for about 4 months and i dont see any bad effects.

using too low voltages will NORMALLY cause abnormalities like a non-functioning camera.

i use ideal settings, and when my activities with the n900 gets tough, i overclock from 850mhz to 1150mhz, ideal settings.

even at stock, the app manager uses 100% CPU because its populating all apps installed and cached repos.....so in theory, the more repos and apps you enabled/installed, the slower the app manager and less responsive the device is.

i use x-term in installing and uninstalling, this helps reduce the burden.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-07-03 at 20:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
it doesnt increase from overclocking the max frequence..
if u increase the minimum to 500, u'll get perfect scrolling along with elasticness etc

The problem with scrolling on this device is that the display driver does not support VSYNC. It never will. You can thank Nokia. You will get screen tearing either way.