Notices

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
is it possible to add a youtube to mp3 converter? and a add blocker?

@bluefoot:
First.
You know that you can turn off the oomkiller or tweak it not to kill so frequently.
See this thread: https://together.jolla.com/question/...t_ratio-value/

When it comes to the nexus 5 and the port of SailfishOS. The last time I got to test it 1.1.0.38 was the current version running there.(which also means oomkiller is disabled there) Not everything was working smoothly. I had problems especially with video playback and the gyroscope was not working. (so no potrait and landscape switching)
Also note that due to the higher resolution some apps might look strange as they use icons optimized for the Jolla Phone.
Thats also the case with Webcat 1.0 though the current master git is using a resolution independent interface and also includes the devicePixelHack, so that it should be the best browser on a nexus 5 currently as the default sailfish-browser on the nexus 5 also uses the 1.5 device pixel ratio originally meant for the Jolla Phone screen resolution.

So atm. the best SailfishOS device is the Jolla still.

Donate using Liberapay

Originally Posted by cvp View Post
is it possible to add a youtube to mp3 converter? and a add blocker?
Ad Blocker is on the todo list. But all the solutions like a blacklist in javascript needs tons and tons of memory due to the large blacklist files. I don't see a workable solution atm that doesn't eat up all memory. (Also I heard that this is not a problem unique to mobile platforms but also on the desktop)

As for youtube to mp3 converter this needs further investigation.
It needs gstreamer support for this or a port of ffmpeg first to do this though. I hope someone else can jump in and create a nice little converter app that maybe can be hooked up in webcat.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Thanks for the update!
Can you please add the newest Firefox Browser Desktop agent?
And also, please add the ability to change the language of the browser instead of checking system language only.

Thnx!!!

Odd, seems I cannot long press links in some websites anymore (e.g. TMO, Hackaday) while some sites work okay (e.g. Jolla users)

I think this might have started after the update to v1.0 but I'm not sure. I did try Load Defaults & Empty Cache/History in Settings and even a re-install after an uninstall. A long press with the same links in the default Browser and Web Pirate do work ok.

Vaarainjärvi 1.1.1.27, Patchmanager not installed.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Phew, so it's not just me! I noticed exactly the same thing. Except for me neither of the tmi's link works. Long or short press. The link gets highlighted but nothing happens. It started all of a sudden, as far as I can tell. No update to Webcat recently (that I know of).

It is a bit unfortunate as I had alredy almost completely replaced the default browser with Webcat.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks for reporting.
The issue is fixed in current git and in the newest rpm on openrepos.net (Version 1.0.1)

The link clicking and long pressing on tmo should work again aswell as the tagesschau.de website which shouldn't crash the webview.

Enjoy

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Thanks for the continuing work!

I noticed another thing - the ratio trick works on all websites I've tried, but doesn't seem to work on TMO (with its mobile skin). The text is very tiny; much smaller than in the default browser.

EDIT: Just for comparison, Webcat displays ~13 items in the list of active threads at once (one screen), but the default one only ~10.

TMO has a mobile skin ?
Or do you mean the minimalistic skin ?
I guess it has todo something with the skin itself

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I confirm the fixed links tap in 1.0.1-1.

I have a silly question though. How do I switch between tabs? I seem to remember using it in the past but either someting changed or that German guy who follows you around and hides things (Alzheimer) made me lose it.

Tags
browser, webbrowser