Hi,

I have suddenly these problems. First phone does not lock and black its screen at all after time-out (tried all settings) but you can lock it manually with Power key, Lock Screen App or MyMoves.

At the same time Proximity sensor stopped working. Also Easy Answer stopped working (answer on ear). But Proximity sensor blacks screen when a call comes in so apparently it is not hardware?

Automatic Light Sensor dims screen a little with ca. 4s delay.

Sure I was tweaking with Filebox but do not recall doing anything related to these problems.

Any ideas? Can somebody post related files (and tell where to find them) so I can check or replace them? Or can I do something with Terminal?

Related Apps
Speaker Auto Switcher 2.0.0, Easy Answer 1.1.0, Home screen settings 2.02, BackLighter, Power button mod (beta Wazapp 0.8.11 and Harmoij 0.7)

Edit.

So after little research noticed that Easy Answer, AutoCallSMS and answering calls work (screen dims and you can touch it and nothing unwanted happens).

What is not working is automatic display time-out, automatic lock screen and Speaker Auto Switcher. (Proximity sensor steers it)

Last edited by Wallace; 2012-10-22 at 19:25.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
backlighter.. Check if you left it on.. just in case..

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Thanks, even reinstalled BackLighter and Easy Answer but did not help so it is something else?

Battery draining fast....

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Got the same issue around 3 or 5 days ago, I have wazapp too but I dont think its related because I had it before that and it didnt affect the display timeout. I have the old free version of homescreen settings too.The only new thing I added those days where some games (angry birds, mahjong, real football) and was testing rawcam I believe.

Last edited by munozferna; 2012-10-18 at 08:31.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Devon, England
Had this problem ages ago, and it's happened again since. The first time, I didn't really have any apps installed that could cause it, either. A reboot solved it both times for me.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Just in case check that you don't have any protective case covering the proximity sensor. I had similar issues with my leather case.

Boot does not help an no cases.

So after little research noticed that Easy Answer, AutoCallSMS and answering calls work (screen dims and you can touch it and nothing unwanted happens).

What is not working is automatic display time-out, automatic lock screen and Speaker Auto Switcher. (Proximity sensor steers it)

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
In terminal as root try doing:

Code:
apt-get install system-ui-screenlock-nokia --reinstall
Reboot and try...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-10-19 at 01:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thanks tried twice and booted but did not help. This was outcome both times. (phone tried to start twice before sucsess...)

Quck translation from outcome.

Reading package lists... Ready
Building dependencies
Reading status... Ready
system-ui-screenlock-nokia is already newest version.
0 updatet, 0 new instalations, 0 to remove
and 4 not upgraded.

What else can I try? Everything else is working fine so hope to avoid flash.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
I changed the timeout to the minimum (15 secs) and enabled/disabled Low power screen, after that automatic lock started working again.

The Following User Says Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post: