Notices

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
From what I understand, moneytoo won't be able to implement email notifications unless the community helps him out http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43694

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
But first they have to fix the e-mail client to sync my e-mails (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10504).
This is the main reason I'm not using N900 on a daily basis so there isn't much of a progress in the development of OpenWatch.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
But first they have to fix the e-mail client to sync my e-mails (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10504).
This is the main reason I'm not using N900 on a daily basis so there isn't much of a progress in the development of OpenWatch.
Ah, guess I should start saving up for a better android phone if you're going to move forward with more features there (my G1 eats batteries) or just start carrying around my work blackberry more.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
I noticed that you can't disalble the sound of a call via openwatch (I can't remember if it worked with PR1.1 because PR1.2 was out very quickly since *I* bought the N900 ;-) ).

However, on my Sony-Ericson MW-150 a icon is shown, that the sound is disabled (and also the virbration of the watch stops) but the phone is still ringing. Double-Pressing the button (or holding the button? -- can't remember now because i usually don't use this) declines the incoming call and that works with openwatch.

I frequently just want to mute the n900 to silently leave the room and then accept the call.

Is this a bug of openwatch or an not yet implemented feature?

Thanks,
nexus

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
nexus101: This feature is not implemented in OpenWatch.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Can you read SMS using this?

Do bluetooth headsets still work simultaneously?

Looks tempting...

Last edited by imperiallight; 2010-07-25 at 17:17.

Was Wondering if the Open Watch app can be used to display song titles on the SE MW600 Bluetooth Headsets?
Any possible mods maybe to make them compatible..

Also.. am looking to buy a MBW 150 Music or Executive editions.. Any offers?

Last edited by rnb89; 2010-07-27 at 07:57.

@imperiallight - yes on both questions, however openwatch supports only sms preview.

@rnb89 - I doubt if openwatch will fully work with SE MW600, I don't know mw600 api but I think it shouldn't be too hard to make something workable.
Anyway, I have Classic version because I think looks best.

I've made my own program for my SE MBW-150 in ruby (I precompiled ruby bluetooth module for this - if anyone is interested I can share) so I have full control over phone from my watch (loads playlists into mediaplayer with boosted fm transmitter, obviously phone/sms stuff and anything that comes to my mind - it's so easy to implement new stuff with ruby).

Can Anyone Please tweak Openwatch and make i t work with the MW600.. I would love song name etc displayed on my headset..

I can try if a basic guide is provided..

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Hej!

I am investigating on buying a MBW-150 Music Edition watch.

Question 1:
Is OpenWatch fully supporting PR1.2?

Question 2:
Is OpenWatch fully supporting said watch? Do IM-SMS-Call-Notifications work? Does music player control keys fully work (prev, next, play, stop)?

Question 3:
Is OpenWatch generally stable and ready for everyday use, or is it just a "tech demo"? Does anybody use his N900 with a bluetooth watch on a daily basis?

----
I've read both threads about OpenWatch and googled a bit but couldn't find satisfying information.

Thanks for any insights on these questions!

The Following User Says Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post: