Poll: Did you try Qt5 on N900?
Poll Options
Did you try Qt5 on N900?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
As we have something working already, maybe it would be good idea to start more proper thread with editable (by people working on it, actually) 1st post?

Cheers,
/Estel
I'd rather edit the wiki than a first post. Nevertheless, the first post now contains the link to the wiki (seanmcken gave me the possibity to edit the first post). Btw, why does editing the title of the first post no longer change the title of the thread?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by frafI View Post
I'd rather edit the wiki than a first post. Nevertheless, the first post now contains the link to the wiki (seanmcken gave me the possibity to edit the first post). Btw, why does editing the title of the first post no longer change the title of the thread?
It seems to be a forum bug. The same happens with http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86181

Projects no longer actively developed: here

AFAIK It's not a bug, topics older than xyz monhts/days/weeks have titles set to no longer editable. No idea why, but it's another reason (apart from clarity) for starting new threads

Although, the Wiki approach is indeed *much* better, if updated regularly by someone who knows the matter.

Cheers,
/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
seriously how to install or use this qt5??? please help. do i need to add any repo? please any noob guide??

Well, I'm wondering (in connection to the browser replacement), will the Qt Quick Controls style (hildonize) the UI? Otherwise, can it be done manually?

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I was hoping a Qt5 version of qt-components-hildon would enable me to make use of a lot of the Sailfish-Browser code without too much editing. A lot of the files in pages/components look pretty straight forward.

I haven't been able to look into it that much the last month. Graphics card went so I'm pushing forward my upgrade plans. I'm waiting on a back order on the H440 case (expected mid-May) before ordering the rest and then I'll finally be able to resume some work.

Personally, at the moment, I'd rather see a fix for xcb so we can avoid the work-around and use one xlib before I delve too much into this.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
I was hoping a Qt5 version of qt-components-hildon would enable me to make use of a lot of the Sailfish-Browser code without too much editing. A lot of the files in pages/components look pretty straight forward.

I haven't been able to look into it that much the last month. Graphics card went so I'm pushing forward my upgrade plans. I'm waiting on a back order on the H440 case (expected mid-May) before ordering the rest and then I'll finally be able to resume some work.

Personally, at the moment, I'd rather see a fix for xcb so we can avoid the work-around and use one xlib before I delve too much into this.
I meant, if Qt Quick Controls wouldn't be styled, it wouldn't have much sense on desktop (themes etc.). So if it was styled by default, we could have one problem less.

Well, I'm trying to install Qt5 on my device, but while installing qt5-base:

Code:
dpkg - uble to execute old post-removal script: No such file or directory
dpkg - uble to execute new post-removal script: No such file or directory
The files exist though.

/edit: why do you use /bin/bash in postrm? It's not installed by default? Can't you simply use /bin/sh?

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-04-13 at 19:32.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post

Code:
I have the same message

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post

Code:
The files exist though.

/edit: why do you use /bin/bash in postrm? It's not installed by default? Can't you simply use /bin/sh?
Ah, sorry I'll change this. I usually use /bin/bash because it is installed on most systems and I don't have to wonder whether I use bash specific stuff or not. But you're right for N900 and alike it's not reasonable to assume that bash is installed.
Btw: is there an option to send an e-mail when a thread changed multiple times after the last visit? I forgot to view the thread while logged in and so I missed the last posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to frafI For This Useful Post: