Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maryland
Hi All,
Just got my n800 yesterday and loving it.. however Im having an issue w\ the internal memory card - its not recognized at all (no memory card inserted) when in file manager when i plug it to my pc I get drvie F and G (F is the external one and works fine) for G drive it says to insert memory?

can anyone help me? is this a hardware or firmware issue?
thanks!

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Does the internal card work if you put it in the external slot?

Is the internal card a higher-capacity SDHC card? If so, have you updated to the most recent firmware to get the proper SDHC support?

/\ what he said.

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Does the external work in the internal.
There! thats them all

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Oh... and make sure the battery cover is closed... (If it is, then make sure the small magnet in the back cover has not been knocked off.)

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Oh... and make sure the battery cover is closed... (If it is, then make sure the small magnet in the back cover has not been knocked off.)
it was the damm cover!! lol ... Im using regular SD memory cards in both slots... working fine now.. reconized in the n800 and PC..<sigh> thank god..i though I was going to have to send this back..
thanks Mara and all!!

i spoke too soon.. for a minute i couldnt access the internal card on the PC or the n800.. and when i did they were both at zero (like they had been formatted) then I took the cover off and it looks like there is space for the card to move a bit.. i pushed it in and its working again.. WTH!! ??

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Did you slide the clasp-lock down over the internal card to keep it from popping up, even when the back cover is not in place?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by cwichura View Post
Did you slide the clasp-lock down over the internal card to keep it from popping up, even when the back cover is not in place?
I'm sure it's not intentional, but this is becoming a very funny thread.

I'm waiting for a support thread that starts with:

- My N800 isn't working! I tap and tap and nothing changes on the display!

replied by:

- Did you open the cardboard box?

and concluded:

- D'oh!

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
you mean you have to open the box????????

...go figure!

Omega