No need to worry about heating as @pichlo described.

And if it becomes so hot that it might damage the battery without isolation, it will also harm it with the isolation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Exactly. Just make sure the strips are at least 2mm wide and you will be fine.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks guys , will report when I will get new battery

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks guys , will report when I will get new battery
If success, could you please also share components and where to buy? I'm not counting on my JC battery to last forever.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
And please make a few pictures if possible . So others can reproduce it too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaemoUser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Sure, I will take some pictures
This is stuff that I purchased. The glue only today, don't know why I didn't think about this brfore
The foil already arrived, the battery I hope the next week. Probably I will start without glue (banding of foil + strip of isolation band to hold it in the place) until I will get it...
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MaemoUser View Post
Hi everybody,

as there is no spare battery available for the JollaC outside of India.

I wrote a short tutorial on how to make the UMI X2 battery JollaC compatible. A big thanks to TJC user Giacomo Di Giacomo who gave the tip in the spare battery thread that it fits the JollaC.
You're welcome. I just knew today about this thread. I don't read often here on TMO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
Thanks...
1. We can use both sides of battery to put the foil (or i'm wrong ?) In this case we have only one cross of foils that can be isolated with small patch of something..
2. About bad connection of foil, I will check when I will get my new battery.
You are right. This is what I want to do in my next try. One strip of copper foil per side, and a wire for the thermistor (centre contact). I hope to improve high-current transient performance.

Hmmm, I have another little question. I still afraid a little bit about heating of the foil, maybe it better to put something (2 strips of isolation band) between battery and the foil ? What you think ?
Don't worry, foil won't heat. Wrap it in Kapton tape to make sure it won't tear off.

Last edited by jameson; 2017-03-13 at 16:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
This is stuff that I purchased. The glue only today, don't know why I didn't think about this brfore
The foil already arrived, the battery I hope the next week. Probably I will start without glue (banding of foil + strip of isolation band to hold it in the place) until I will get it...
Is your battery arrived in the meantime? Does it work without glue? If it work, can you post some pictures please? Unfortunately some days ago my battery double the size and I'm looking for solution

This is stuff that I purchased. The glue only today, don't know why I didn't think about this before
Unfortunately the battery of my JollaC doubled the size some days ago, so I'm very interested in an alternative battery

Does your battery arrived in the meantime? Does it work without glue? If so, can you post some pictures, please?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caesium82 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, diy project, jollac