Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Excelent work. But I have a problem, when I activate Valhalla as route engine in OSM Scout Server, PoorMaps can't calculate any route. It always reports "No results". What is what I'm doing wrong?

If I disable Valhalla in OSM Scout Server, It works perfect, as expected.

I have SFOS 2.1.0.11 installed.

Thank you.
You don't do anything wrong. Poor Maps and modRana don't support Valhalla in OSM Scout Server yet. Please wait for a new release of Poor Maps and modRana to use it. See
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=260 http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=268 for details.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Poor Maps 0.29 is out now with Valhalla support.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Spain
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
Poor Maps 0.29 is out now with Valhalla support.
Thanks for the update, routing with Valhalla works perfect!!
Is possible to get routing instruccions in other languages?

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by carmenluci View Post
Is possible to get routing instruccions in other languages?
Poor Maps should (hopefully) detect your OS language and request navigation instructions in that language. If Valhalla doesn't have translations for your language, see the previous two pages about where the translation is done. If you want to use a different language for navigation and rest of the UI, that's not currently possible. Should it be?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by otsaloma View Post
Poor Maps should (hopefully) detect your OS language and request navigation instructions in that language. If Valhalla doesn't have translations for your language, see the previous two pages about where the translation is done. If you want to use a different language for navigation and rest of the UI, that's not currently possible. Should it be?
Valhalla is translated to Spanish language: https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...master/locales

But I get routing instructions in English.

Originally Posted by carmenluci View Post
Valhalla is translated to Spanish language: https://github.com/valhalla/valhalla...master/locales

But I get routing instructions in English.
OK, looks like its a bug in Valhalla or Valhalla/Poor Maps interaction. I will look into it.

I am assuming that you are using Spanish in your GUI.

Meanwhile, would you mind checking whether Mapzen Turn-by-Turn fetches the instructions in Spanish for you?

PS: @otsaloma, thank you for the update!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
OK, looks like its a bug in Valhalla or Valhalla/Poor Maps interaction. I will look into it.

I am assuming that you are using Spanish in your GUI.

Meanwhile, would you mind checking whether Mapzen Turn-by-Turn fetches the instructions in Spanish for you?

PS: @otsaloma, thank you for the update!
Yes, I use Spanish language in my phone.

If I select 'Mapzen Turn-by-Turn' in Navigation, the instructions are in English too.

Re translations: we were using, what looks like, an outdated API. I have fixed the call and submitted corresponding pull request to Poor Maps ( https://github.com/otsaloma/poor-maps/pull/40 ). This seemed to fix routing instructions for OSM Scout Server Valhalla and Mapzen Turn-by-Turn. At least when I called Poor Maps with LANG=es_ES (or de_DE), I've got instructions in what appears to be Spanish (German).

Re separate option for specifying language: Maybe it would be great to have that option which would allow users to choose the second language. I would use it to get "Pirate routing version", but its surely not a high-priority task . So, would be nice to have as an option, but not essential with other aspects of navigation probably much more important.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
I can not use osm scount server from -v 0.10.0. not load the maps ... i updated the maps in -v 0.10.0 but same. including poormaps-modrana

The Following User Says Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
I can not use osm scount server from -v 0.10.0. not load the maps ... i updated the maps in -v 0.10.0 but same. including poormaps-modrana
To help, I need to get more details:

* I assume that you want to view maps, right?

* Which backend do you use, Mapnik or libosmscout?

* If Mapnik, did you install fonts module?

* When viewing with Poor Maps or modRana, do you see jobs submitted to OSM Scout Server?

* What do the logs of the server say?

* Does Map Manager show that your maps are fine (nothing listed as incompatible/needs download)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles