Thanks to PR 1.1 I love my n900 even more it solves most or even all reboot issues ... I know some people are having problems after the update but lucky me it has been running very smooth! This is a Huge update I think this is the update that should come pre-install with the device when it came out. Anywho enough with the rant.

So what do you guys want or think the next update bring to the table?

Here's my list:

1.Virtual keyboard for portrait web, and Ovi Map

2.Better Ovi Map features at least as good as 3.0

3.Portrait Conversation w/ t9 keyboard

4.Stability

5.Better or New Media Player! with eq, visualization, skin, all that good stuff. This phone has 32GB of memory its made for entertainment so i expect it to have solid music/video capability. Take walkman on SE phone for example

5. Better photo management/viewing ( has anyone use cooliris? that's what I want to see)

6. Tabbed Web Browsing?

Well it sounds almost impossible but its ok to dream right?

btw when do you think the next update will be out?

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denver
1.) Equalizer

2.) Fix bug in Modest that randomly captalizes "INBOX".

3.) Portrait messaging w/ t9

4.) Facebook/Myspace chat integration w/ messaging (someone will probably write a plugin for this if they already haven't.

5.) View all songs when there are multiple albums for an artist, instead of "shuffle songs".

6.) Get rid of the little visualization animation in the bottom right corner of the media player? What exactly is the point of it?

7.) Support for google maps, whatever this would entail. Java?

I want to have voice command and attach to bluetooth.

Currently when I want to make a phone call from car, I will need to stop first to dial. Previously using Nokia E90, I just need to press a button and speak the name of the person that I would like to dial, and it will automatically dial.

Very convinient.

6. tabbed web browsing -> its already in Firefox now if you download it but its slow though.

7. More Zoom in and Zoom Out in the other application (Photo applications) not only in the Web (using finger)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tirtawn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nickt View Post
6.) Get rid of the little visualization animation in the bottom right corner of the media player? What exactly is the point of it?
try to tap it

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nickt View Post

LOL yeah i forgot about that ... i guess it's suppose to indicate that music is playing? idk good point lol

@tirtawn: lol yeah voice command is a good idea. I'm currently pairing it up with my bluetooth stereo it works nicely as hands free

Oh i saw firefox but didn't bother to try it yet ... i didn't know it has tabbed thanks!

Bug 6334 fixed.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
1) Notes (description) for tasks

2) PIM search (ie search contact fields notes tasks and calendar.
and
3) A pause in the media player that will resume where I left off for when playing audio books and pod casts.

4 Virtual keyboard in portrait mode for one handed contact search

Last edited by timwatt; 2010-01-15 at 06:49.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
LOL yeah i forgot about that ... i guess it's suppose to indicate that music is playing? idk good point lol
LOL,facepalm. Its there because if you click it it takes you back to player.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
LOL,facepalm. Its there because if you click it it takes you back to player.
well i know that but why do you need it? IMO i dont think it's useful at all, i never use it ... i always launch it through my widget then find the songs or albums. i mulitask so i don't stay on the music player all the time my music always play in the bg

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
well i know that but why do you need it? IMO i dont think it's useful at all, i never use it ... i always launch it through my widget then find the songs or albums. i mulitask so i don't stay on the music player all the time my music always play in the bg
I use it, I like the function but I cant stand that it blocks icons while in the player. if there was a useless function it's the massive shuffle button on the home screen.