Active Topics

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @Finland
Hi,

there is also this thread with advice how to change font size:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38541

I found it very useful. After an system update the small default size was back, though. Any ideas how to avoid this?

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
To mere mortals like me who stay out of the x term in case they accidentally create a rift in the space-time continuum, Black Plastic Theme is a godsend for increasing font size.

I really do think some posts could be a bit more grateful and less demanding; no-one charges for these amazing apps & widgets and access to them is our privilege, not our God-given right.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokTokDaddy For This Useful Post:
Some of the more technical stuff working with files and scripts are beyond my knowledge.... I also realized that a care more about font sizes that icons..
It's a wishful thinking but having an addon app to do just that would take out a lot of frustration of using N900

Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
For changing font size use Black Plastic Theme! Try the latest from extras devel! works like a charm! you also can choose your font not only the size of it, plus another cool options. after install you will find the plastic theme setup under the settings menu!
Hope this will help!
puiradu could you please post screens shot black plastic theme from your N900, if this not too much trouble

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
If I get few things ironed out, I will release a font size changer app in the near future.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
If I get few things ironed out, I will release a font size changer app in the near future.
You could setup a repository and share your code for those who are willing to tinker their settings manually. Or you could just list the places that you make font change so we could do this manually. Thanks for your effort.

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
You could setup a repository and share your code for those who are willing to tinker their settings manually. Or you could just list the places that you make font change so we could do this manually. Thanks for your effort.
Font sizes are definied in these two files:
/usr/share/themes/YOURTHEME/gtk2.0/gtkrc
/usr/share/themes/YOURTHEME/css/colors.css

I have wrote just simple shell script that adds new font values to those files. Now I just need to draw GUI and pack it up and send to repos. I'm just currently away from my computer so cannot do that right now, but will do that when I'm back home (thursday or friday).

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
I use Nokia Nseries theme and this should corresponds to alpha in themes folder (default symlink to alpha actually)

Anyways, do you have to change the fontsize in two files at the same time? I see same lines in those files. By the way would these set the font size of microb?

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
I use Nokia Nseries theme and this should corresponds to alpha in themes folder (default symlink to alpha actually)

Anyways, do you have to change the fontsize in two files at the same time? I see same lines in those files. By the way would these set the font size of microb?
Yeah, editing both files is needed. Have no idea about microb.

OK, I will wait for your GUI. So lazy to write a Python script as well It is a bit pain to change those manually --probably there will be a killall hildon-desktop to make them effective ehh?.