Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Many of those listed have been partners for some time. As for the hyperbole-- feh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Well.. technically the iPhone is very much alive right now. So if MeeGo killed it.. it would then become zombie iPhones, and would then be the menace to society.....

Just saying....
Never met an iPhone with a pulse...

Just saying, if they were alive, then we really would be in trouble.

slaapliedje

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
If Meego is seriously going to trump apple I suggest something similar as a logo for it:

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-05-16 at 21:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
pipe dreams.
hmm...judjing by history,....nokia vs apple, in terms of innovations,
apple wld definitely get my vote
i wouldnt say innovation. but imolimentation old say yes. they take whats been out for years and put it in a pretty package.

The Following User Says Thank You to kryptoniankid17 For This Useful Post:
iPhone will die out only when a newer OS that shares the same smoothness, plenty of useful apps and syncs primarily with windows.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
pipe dreams.
hmm...judjing by history,....nokia vs apple, in terms of innovations,
apple wld definitely get my vote
innovation??
bro where you been for the past 10 years!
i was multi tasking on my n95-1 before the iphone had even been invented!

Originally Posted by byte_76 View Post
Lol, it won't! MeeGo has a long way to go before it can even challenge iPhone OS, not to mention kill it!
Agree to that, N900 and maemo and for now Meego are al 'what if' but for now more down to nothing. Sorry to say but bought the N900 with high expectations and am familiar with programming. But it won't come and it won't come ever. Apple is way to far in developement and is not into getting beated because they simply has something that works, gives what we want and expect from a device. And really they like what they make you can feel and see that in everything. Who wants mulitasking if there is nothing to multitask with ! Nokia gonna beat Iphone ? Hell no, Nokia is going under because of Iphone or Ipad

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeeper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
iPhone will die out only when a newer OS that shares the same smoothness, plenty of useful apps and syncs primarily with windows.
how many years will you wait for that ? I won't Iphone already has it. Try also the Ipad, Wow

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeeper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
Never met an iPhone with a pulse...

Just saying, if they were alive, then we really would be in trouble.

slaapliedje
You have to take my post in the same context as you originally posted.

You said Zombie iPhones... meaning either 1) The iphone's themselves were zombies, which means they had to have lived at some point, and then died, and then were reanimated. It seems you're against this analogy, so we move to 2) The people owning iPhones are zombies. Thus, when I refer to the iPhone's still being alive, then in the same context I'm referring to the people. Thus, if MeeGo kills them, then Apple resurrects them, we would now actually have Zombies.

Don't go applying logic, or trying to force the physical restrictions of reality, onto someone being a smart *** to your own smart *** comments.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
the title to this thread is so dumb, every device that is launched is a "iphone killer" come on its going to be hard to beat esepcially in the smartphone market. Andriod OS is doing well but still has a long way
uhhh, android has already beat iphone OS, meego is next at bat

given that android beat iphone os by being open and deployed across various manufacturers and carriers, i would say meego is on a good track. i will take acer asus intel and nokia vs htc and motorola and google or apple plus apple anyday