Active Topics

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
https://my.graceland.edu/ICS/icsfs/c...5-e9b24a1dd3a9
if not before that
Hi When Intex is going to launch aqua fish mobile and is there any mid-range mobile. Because, I have waited till today to hear any announcement from intex and i have purchased android mobile as there was no announcement.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklestar1792 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by twinklestar1792 View Post
When shall we expect the Intex Aqua Fish and any phone with more features with NFC, fingerprint scanner & WiFi ac.
At this stage, the best guess is probably never. They show no signs of being able to deliver the updates necessary for the Intex phone to launch, and Intex aren't going to wait forever. If they lose Intex, that's probably it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
how do we know that Intex is waiting Jolla to deliver? What kind of updates do they need that Jolla isn't able to provide in 10 months? Considering how slowly sailfish is progressing (but still progressing) I don't see what is there to wait. What is that missing piece of OS that will make Intex phone so much different and worth the wait?
Jolla is guilty for many things but also, from what I can comprehend by reading various comments all over the place, those Indian mobile phone manufacturers are not exactly trustworthy when it comes to support and keeping promises.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Considering how slowly sailfish is progressing (but still progressing) I don't see what is there to wait.
What a wonderful statement. Even you must see the irony in it.

Jolla is guilty for many things but also, from what I can comprehend by reading various comments all over the place, those Indian mobile phone manufacturers are not exactly trustworthy when it comes to support and keeping promises.
Even better. TWO untrustworthy partners. That must be a guarantee of success.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ @Finland
I have understood the next Taalojärvi update will have much Hindi support, so, the Aqua Fish release might not be too far.

The exclusive outlet, Snapdeal, already markets cool covers for the device:
http://www.snapdeal.com/search?keywo...l=&sort=rlvncy

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slate For This Useful Post:
I understand they are waiting for the Super Apps feature (previously known as Partner Space).

The Following User Says Thank You to 243kof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Slate View Post
I have understood the next Taalojärvi update will have much Hindi support, so, the Aqua Fish release might not be too far.

The exclusive outlet, Snapdeal, already markets cool covers for the device:
http://www.snapdeal.com/search?keywo...l=&sort=rlvncy
hmmmmm.......... items are already on sale with 51% off.
Very good sign.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
how do we know that Intex is waiting Jolla to deliver? SNIP BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
They still haven't delivered dual-sim support. That is the absolute most basic level of additional feature support that the Intex phone needs. It was originally due for late October launch ... Intex may have been late to that party, but 6 months later Jolla still haven't managed dual-sim, which is absolutely not (or shouldn't be) a difficult thing to add.

Also, I'd imagine once Jolla finally get that out of the door, Intex will want or need quite some time to make sure it works properly ... and most stuff Jolla do, particularly wrt networking or connectivity does not work very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Grenoble, France
They still haven't delivered dual-sim support.
True, but it doesn't mean that it's not ready or even available. They have not delivered dual-sim support in the official images for the Jolla phone (which would have made no sense anyway).

But, the various commits in Mer make me think that everything is there and ready for dual-sim since last December / January. So we don't know what keep the Intex phone from being out, but it seems not to be the dual-sim support.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dcaliste For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Are phones in India normally using English, or do they also support Hindi, Punjabi, etc. and how important will it be?

Related to targeting more markets?

13th of May:
https://blog.jolla.com/making-sailfi...-translations/

Links to:
https://sailfishos.org/wiki/Translate_the_OS

The Following User Says Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post: