Parts of this site render very badly on the N810... everything works fine except the "reply" buttons and other similar things; they render full-window with gigantic pixels. It looks very strange. Surely I'm not the only one with this problem? It'd be nice if this site worked well on the device it's about

I don't have the problems you mention with the site. But I think the site is badly designed as it certainly isn't easy to use with the n810. Navigation is torturous and the rendering is slow. As you say, you would think the site would be friendlier!

the part that works poorly for me is the search button. It pops the search box to just under the bottom "fold" making it difficult to get to without it disappearing.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Yes, I agree: the site doesn't work well on the N810.

I haven't noticed the reply problem though...but I actually always have problems with the "search" button on the forums here. When I click it with the stylus and the window pops up somewhere else on the screen and I have to scroll down to it -- and once I find it and click in it to start typing, it disappears again. Very annoying. Doing searches here with the N810 is very frustrating, I usually have to press the search box with my finger to bring up the on-screen keyboard to type. Anybody else have this problem?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
At the bottom of the page there is a selection for different viewing styles. I suggest you use some other than the default when browsing with your tablet.

I think the software for the forum is the culprit. I don't know much other than a lot of the other forums I belong to share the same form and function.. and guess what- I usually read them on my nice desktop station rather than the handheld devices they are about.. irony of ironies. I think its getting harder to find handheld optimized sites, and I am having a real hard time with the "full" size browser for handhelds that try to imitate your desktop. Its just too small to read and when you put a site on "fit to width" you know what it does to the pics and graphics..
I'm sure it will get better sooner or later..
I do agree that I seem to find a number of "dead spots" where you tap or try to invoke a control and it just doesn't react to the input. I'm not just talking about the ITT site, but others too.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
I know what's the problem is: the fit to width option.
If you enable it, you'll get that gigantic pixles for Thanks and Reply I think...

EDIT: what I find annoying is that on a very slow connection (say a GPRS connection thru an old Motorola bluetooth phone shared with other two Mac!) I get the titles of the threads on the home page with an annoying orange background! And that background is THE LAST thing that is switched to black when the WHOLE page is loaded
And it's very hard to read text on that orange background :/

Last edited by anidel; 2008-01-22 at 09:52.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost

Check here and here and here...

Last edited by Frankowitz; 2008-01-22 at 10:59.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Indeed, there are six different viewing styles available. I found that the Classic style offers all of the info of the default style, and yet it renders quite nicely and quickly on my N800 (still using Opera, OS2007.) Search and Reply both work well. I am registered and have my ITT home page set up to log in and go directly to the main forum page (if that makes any difference.)

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by Frankowitz View Post

Check here and here and here...

OK, I voted, .

But I noted also that some (new) sites, using a lot of flash / moving pictures etc. do provide a problem for the OS2008 browser and cause hanging or loading times of 15 seconds or more. Unacceptable for an ITT. I don't know if this is a memory or a processor problem. (Try Comedy Center)

I did report this directly on the Nokia site (feedback etc.)

But anyway thanks for the links.