Notices

Looks like there's at least some support in the source (ignore the Android bit and look at the link to the webkit repo): http://groups.google.com/group/andro...b7a2f563271455

That would avoid needing to update manually (though a daemon would still be worthwhile for when the app's not running).

Still needs the zooming situation sorted out.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Tried the Latitude updater on an N810, and the GPS update does not work.

Be great to get something going on the older tablets.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo
not sure what is broken for me, but it is not updateing latitude

this is with the version of latitude updater from extras-testing on N900 PR1.0.1.

When I Use the update buttons the Lat & Lon are updated on the display, but not in latitude (checked by clicking through to maps).

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Lol.. I don't want my gf to know where I am at all the time.. That's creepy.. xD (and might cause problems)..

I can update the location with this program but the location of me doesn't change in the browser on my notebook.

but the location of me doesn't change in the browser on my notebook
Has your notebook updated your position from your IP when you look?

Does your location change in the maps app on-device?

It seems to work now.

I think it takes some time until I see the updated location.

I am only able to update the location with gps signal.
When I use "Cell" it reports an update but my location doesn't change.

None of the updating works and if I access the map it says my location is unavailable. If I go to www.google.com/maps/m my location works correctly. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: My location seems to update now... But the map still says my location is unavailable when accessed through the app.

Last edited by gjas18; 2010-02-02 at 21:20.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Is someone working on a automatic updater right now? I read about it earlier but I haven't heard of it since.
It would be really nice with a daemon updating my position every half hour or so. Now I update it manually if I move far distances and remember it.