Posts: 99 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
on e71 the integrated email client that does direct imap is crap. the one from email.nokia.com is a very nice client but they only let you use that through the service. i am pretty sure this is the same situation with other models
This extra install for NM on the E71 and other FP1 devices was necessary so that Nokia had an install base to test the software and serivces. The whole point is to replace the integrated mail client with the interface from Nokia Messaging. The first device to do this was the E75 and we're going to see it on the E52, E55 and E72. The same improved interface that we've all come to enjoy in NM on our E71's will be uniform for the direct IMAP/POP3 client as well as Mail for Exchange. I trialed an E75 from WOM World and the standardized interface was welcome and needed for Nokia's phones. I fully expect this in the N900, a standardized email interface that supports IMAP/POP3, Intellisync and Mail for Exchange. You'll enjoy the experience if it's as good as the E75. The only issue with the client on the E75 was that the processor was a bit underpowered for it but I don't expect those issues with a Cortex A8 powered device.

on e71 the integrated email client that does direct imap is crap. the one from email.nokia.com is a very nice client but they only let you use that through the service. i am pretty sure this is the same situation with other models
If you're interested you can read my messaging E75 review over at Howard Forums.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562274

This is exactly how I expect the N900 to work except I hope they have addressed some of my issues with messaging capabilities. If I'm wrong I will be hugely disappointed but Nokia has worked hard to update its messaging client and I hope they haven't wasted that effort on this device.

Last edited by Gorgon; 2009-08-28 at 02:36.

sorry, didnt know that about the e75. i would love the email.nokia.com client interface with direct imap. sounds good. thanks for the info

sorry, didnt know that about the e75. i would love the email.nokia.com client interface with direct imap. sounds good. thanks for the info
Sorry if I came off a little harsh. I really think you'll enjoy the updated interface and hope we see more of it at Nokia World.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
My gripe is that I can't buy one right now

Of course, I wish the price would be really low, but that's not really a gripe because I think the estimated price is fair (just a bit too high for me).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MountainX For This Useful Post:
Probably a repeat but backlit keyboard would have been nice.

Atleast i did not see it mentioned.

Display and User Interface

* Size: 3.5" touch display
* Resolution: 800 x 480 pixels (WVGA)
* Desktop with up to 4 personalisable views
* Landscape and portrait (for voice calls) modes
* 3D Graphics acceleration with support for OpenGL ES 2.0
* Brightness control
* Ambient light detector

Keys and Input Methods

* Touch screen with:
o tactile full QWERTY keyboard with word prediction
o virtual on-screen keyboard
o pen input option with stylus
* Dedicated zoom keys
* Dedicated camera
* Dedicated volume keys
* Lock key
* Notification light
* Camera key

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
My two gripes... T-Mobile data frequencies & no announcement about Skype - use the camera (yes/no).

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
My two gripes... T-Mobile data frequencies & no announcement about Skype - use the camera (yes/no).
Yes with skype video I would be buying one for me and one for my wife.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Can anyone confirm/deny the following:

1. Is the stylus and a stylus holder on the n900?
2. I heard that video calling is not supported right away.. is that true?

Thanks

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Can anyone confirm/deny the following:

1. Is the stylus and a stylus holder on the n900?
2. I heard that video calling is not supported right away.. is that true?

Thanks
1. Although it looks like it's in place still in the lower right edge, there's no mention of it in the What's in the box section on the Technical specifications page of the maemo.nokia.com site. I think you'll want to forward this on to Tim or Andrew to confirm while they're at Nokia World.

2. See the Communications section, under Call Management: http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...specifications Already been mentioned elsewhere, but it states "Videocalling availability will be announced later"

HTH