Nokia NZ said to return it to the supplier - Expansys Aus & UK haven't responded to my email queries so I'll have to give them a call and see what can be done.

Any tips on getting a warranty replacement from Nokia or a re-seller ?

Hi,

Just got the WSOD this morning on my 770!! Very disappointing. I bought it from the US and live in Australia so no hope of getting it fixed under warranty.

Timing is impeccible however. The iPod Touch was released today. So that is what I will be getting to replace the 770. Did I do this deliberately???

No more 770 problems for me :-))

Cheers...

Raj,
If you got your 770 from expansys give them a call - they were very helpful to me. Mine has been sent back to nokia in the US so hopefully it should be fixed although it is going to take a few more weeks due to the postage.
Cheers,
John

!@#$!~$

Got my WSOD on Monday. Also impeccable timing. It was the last day of my vacation in Prague and I was taking advantage of some free wifi. The device was acting a bit sluggish so I decided to reboot. When it came back up it had the WSOD with vertical lines... I really needed to make a couple of voip calls at the time, too.

I'll post again when I find out how to get Nokia to repair it...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
got a wsod while it was in use, of all things.

it was as if all pixels on the screen go folded into a blue line at the center of the screen while the rest of it stayed white...