Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Antti Saarnio promised in the previous meeting that the Tablet project would be resolved around New Year's time, but unfortunately it took a little more time. Now we finally have a resolution agreed and we're now preparing the practicalities and the communication. An update should be out in a few days (next week). (vgrade, 14:44:10)
Jesus Fuc**** Christ, stop with the So*n, we have people so invested in this tablet (like zogg) that cannot wait for next week. FFS, get your sh*t together, like together.j***a.com, I want my X on that phone, get on it!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Yeah, That would have been bad but much better than current disaster
Really? You'd prefer that Jolla stop working on Sailfish and hand you a low-end Chinese Android tablet? Wouldn't it be better to just buy one directly yourself?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Really? You'd prefer that Jolla stop working on Sailfish and hand you a low-end Chinese Android tablet? Wouldn't it be better to just buy one directly yourself?
I would prefer a tablet with sail 2.0 since that was what they planned. But yeah a cheap chinese tablet is what jolla built anyway so yeah I would rather see that shipped. Jolla cant continue without tablet or solid compensation.

Its also about Trust. Can I Trust them to deliver or not?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Jolla cant continue without tablet or solid compensation.
Actually, Jolla really really can't continue without an income. Which it would lack if it simply shifted tablets from China to your door at cost.

Jolla shipping Android tablets is worse than pointless, it's simply a waste of time and effort. The only advantage to the Jolla tablet was Sailfish, and therefore, I think they were correct in focussing on that aspect of the device above all others. (And they did succeed in getting the software ready, they just ran out of money in getting the hardware ready...)

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Actually, Jolla really really can't continue without an income. Which it would lack if it simply shifted tablets from China to your door at cost.

Jolla shipping Android tablets is worse than pointless, it's simply a waste of time and effort. The only advantage to the Jolla tablet was Sailfish, and therefore, I think they were correct in focussing on that aspect of the device above all others. (And they did succeed in getting the software ready, they just ran out of money in getting the hardware ready...)
Pointless in terms of tablet maybe. But not when IT comes to buisness. Jolla need to ship something Every blog, paper customer report and following what jolla doing and they need to ship something.

Jolla need to ship something Every blog, paper customer report and following what jolla doing and they need to ship something.
Fine. Send a tablet to Jolla and have them ship it back to you. Problem solved!

Fine. Send a tablet to Jolla and have them ship it back to you. Problem solved!
That Wont solve anything for Jolla. Who will support Jolla next time they are trying to sell a product? Very few. Jolla need to come up with a proper solution by themselves to try to win back support.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That Wont solve anything for Jolla. Who will support Jolla next time they are trying to sell a product? Very few. Jolla need to come up with a proper solution by themselves to try to win back support.
You're ignoring their exit game. License the OS, split the hardware division (now fully laid off for the most part) and find partners.

Jolla strength is in software and scaling Sailfish OS. I don't think they'll go into hardware for quite a while, personally.

Folks might support the OS since it can be stripped down to terminal, have Nemo/Plasma as the UI instead... whatnot since that would jumpstart other companies that are probably tired of the Google/Apple duopoly. That's my take.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You're ignoring their exit game. License the OS, split the hardware division (now fully laid off for the most part) and find partners.

Jolla strength is in software and scaling Sailfish OS. I don't think they'll go into hardware for quite a while, personally.
They cannot, they will not. Having HW partner(s?) it would be a suicide, they needed a reference design/example it works (noooo, it didn't work, I did not have a phone for last year, just listen to zoggs and other haters, this never happened, even to the details of battery, or specific package being screwed, this never happened)
Folks might support the OS since it can be stripped down to terminal, have Nemo/Plasma as the UI instead... whatnot since that would jumpstart other companies that are probably tired of the Google/Apple duopoly. That's my take.
You can get terminal on raspberryPI, if Jolla phone was only that you';d have only haters on this forum, that's our (users) take

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
szopin, please stop posting off topic drivel. I'm here to read about and discuss Jolla's tablet, because it is interesting and it affects the future of Jolla, which I care about.

The last few pages of garbage have been incredibly tedious and have been drowning out the people who are actually trying to discuss the topic at hand.

You have posted some interesting stuff that made a real contribution to the discussion in the past, can we get back to that please?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund