Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
It has HDMI, it has USB OTG.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Koajwujwer123 View Post
... 8MP AF cam...
I hope the sensor is as big as that of the N8. Looking forward to someone hacking the camera drivers to provide RAW.

The Following User Says Thank You to geohsia For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
People who know about the N9....

1.Would you consider it over the Samsung Galaxy II if both were of the same price
2. What are some of the things(to the extent that you can disclose) better than GSII

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
I hope the sensor is as big as that of the N8. Looking forward to someone hacking the camera drivers to provide RAW.
I don't think the sensor will be as big as of the N8 since the reason to use 8Mpix is because of different module.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
It's difficult to say that this is THE device or better than this or that device. Everyone prefers different things.
Regarding the SGS2: The Samsung feels like cheap plastic.

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
@Koajwujwer123 & @zehjotkah:

Is this device the best Nokia device you've ever seen? I've read just about all the posts in this thread, and you both seem very knowledgeable about it. It's great that you're both sharing as much as you can, but what I'd like to know is, is it really going to be the kind of device that the devoted Nokia user will think, "OMG this thing is f***ing fantastic!" and will it also affect the non-Nokia user as well? Y'know, the sheep that all lined up to buy the iPhones, the Galaxies, the Evos... what about them?

In short, whom is this device really being aimed at?
Well.. it is a very different way of use mobile. you will surprise. But as not many app as galaxy , i no know if those people like it. but look wise , go go !

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I don't think the sensor will be as big as of the N8 since the reason to use 8Mpix is because of different module.
The sensor not small too.. take very nice pics. 2nd best after N8-00

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
What we sorta know so far or been told:

Dev device
- OMAP3 1GHz Cortex A8 (similar to Samsung GS1)
- 4" WVGA screen
- HW keyboard
- 12MP camera module (same as N8
- 32/64GB Storage

Consumer device
- Single core cpu according to K123 (so OMAP3 still?)
- 4" qHD CBD
- no hw keyboard
- 8MP camera module
- 32/64GB Storage

Okay. to me, dev device has BETTER specs. What gives?
Agreed, I mean WTF is with that!?!

If the readily available consumer device is the same or worse hardware-wise than this.
Then I'm going to find it very hard to justify why I should even bother...

Particularly since this sounds like it'll be out at least 2mth before, & w/a qwerty!
And w/long-term support, & a healthy, fully supported/marketed, wide-ranging commercial ecosystem.

It's not as though android is a "lame duck" compared to harmattan-meego.
There are some limitations yes, but it's still a very capable smartphone OS.

If I recall correctly there's a very nice qwerty HTC one the way soon too.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-06-07 at 14:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
This sounds like the consumer device then. I'm totally confused if the kbd device in the video promo a few weeks back is totally gone or just for developers.

Regardless. If this device that has USB OTG, can anyone confirm if this has the 2mm charging port? Would hate to run out of juice when playing movies off an external drive.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
actually it's a bit sad seeing the "could be" specs for both devices, the more I look at the dev. device the better it sounds. If the only advantage of customer device is "really thin" then I might have to shoot myself for following this thread 16h/day.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland