Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
0.15.0 is packaged already
You're a machine!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
@Zeta: thank you! The screenshots were made using lbt's screenshot app on device. That way it can be done with the morning coffee.
Ok. I will get to it maybe this weekend. I have to remove it first, to get the full install (with the first time wizard, and directory creation).

It would be great to get tutorials and manual translated - that should help the users. Whether its too soon to advertise in the wider audience, I don't know. I presume many know already and I guess the server should hold it, there have been no feedback from @MartinK.
However, before advertising, I must fix the import bug as seen for Norway. (see more specific replies below)
Ok. I will first try to finish the translations, and I'll see.

So about the docs, I also moved the js part in the assets subdir (and changed path in html files accordingly).

Yes, that's needed too. It could be also redirect to English with en/index.md listing all languages. But I am open to any option.
I have not much idea how to do the redirect, so I only added a simple index.md file with simple links to all languages. It can do the placeholder before getting something better, yet allowing to navigate easily.

I think its a great way and let's optimize the directory tree to make it simple for others.
Thanks.
I put those last changes to github, and sent you a pull request :
https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/pull/177
Please let me if I need to change anything to make it easy to pull (I hope it is fine, but I had to git push -force to get it there...).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New release is out: 0.15.0, Beta 3

Its mainly bugfix release and is accompanied with the new maps. Libosmscout has been downgraded to its end of May version and the planet has been reimported for libosmscout and geocoder-nlp. The Netherlands issue has been confirmed to be fixed already, Norway I haven't check yet.

If anyone else had some problems with the search and, in particular, for countries smaller (in terms of the database size) than Norway, please tell so. Smaller imports would help to fix the issue we stumbled upon in libosmscout.

In 0.15.0, I also added a link in About to the user's guide.

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Ok. I will get to it maybe this weekend. I have to remove it first, to get the full install (with the first time wizard, and directory creation).
It's sufficient to remove configuration file in .config/harbour-osmscout-server and move away Maps folder if its in the default location

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
So about the docs, I also moved the js part in the assets subdir (and changed path in html files accordingly).

I have not much idea how to do the redirect, so I only added a simple index.md file with simple links to all languages. It can do the placeholder before getting something better, yet allowing to navigate easily.

I put those last changes to github, and sent you a pull request :
https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-server/pull/177
Please let me if I need to change anything to make it easy to pull (I hope it is fine, but I had to git push -force to get it there...).
Pull request merged and I have added the redirect via simple HTML. In English version we now have the link to the French one and I hope that's OK. Should be possible to hack the header to include all available languages though, have to look into it.

Re screenshots: large chunk of brain-dead work was actually renaming them.

@Feathers McGraw: just can't stand when something that was supposed to work is not working anymore

PS: Is Jolla Store on strike? I was probably moved in the queue every time I pushed new update, but as a result, Jolla Store version would probably jump from 0.13 to 0.15 directly.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
@rinigus. Yes, I had a problems with search with v.0.14. I requested XX, Street_name City but I had only Street_name City and pointer in random place of street.
It's OK with v.0.15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
@rinigus. I first updated the Norwegian map data. Search and navigate from Poor maps no returns valid data from OSM scout server 0.14.1-1. The geocoder NLP data increases from 10MB to 113MB.
I then upgrade to OSM Scout server 0.15.0-1. Same result. Search and navigating from Poor maps OK. Thank you rinigus

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
I have issues with downloading some maps, please see https://m.imgur.com/IQQF77P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bomo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
I have issues with downloading some maps, please see https://m.imgur.com/IQQF77P
Please update the list of available maps. You seem to have older lists in your installation.

For updating , go to Map Manager, click 'Check for updates' and proceed as instructed.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Looks like there are no additional bug reports for the last version (0.15.0). @mal started making Finnish translation and is getting close to finishing it. As soon as its ready, I can release an update.

As for User's Guide, I think the current structure is ready for translators. So, if anyone is wishing to translate that, please fork OSM Scout Server repo and add translation directly under docs/langcode and follow the lead under "fr" or "en". Its a lot of work though, taking into account large amount of screenshots needed for it.

I have uploaded all OSM Scout Server dependencies and its own packages to OBS (16 packages in total), under https://build.merproject.org/project...e:rinigus:maps .

Hacking the server has never been so easy - clone the main repository in github and add repository for your architecture to resolve all dependencies - and you are all set!

I have just released 1.0.0 version.

Compared to the previous version, the work is done by translators:

The functionality provided by 1.0 version certainly exceeds my original plan for it. I hope that, at this stage after a longer feature-freeze, its user-friendly, stable, and accessible to general SFOS users.

I am going to focus right now on the client side of things which may take some time (a month or maybe longer). After that I will continue the development according to suggestions and some ideas that I have. Right now, it has been suggested to allow using the server as a proper daemon. I may look into possible integration with QtLocation 5.6 (if that would arrive), exposing map matching, and few other things.

Enjoy using it!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:

Tags
geocoder, linux, offline maps, router, sailfish os, tiles