Originally Posted by meet.vino View Post
Really sry to ask something totally irrelevant here.. I dont know if I am allowed to start a new thread.. Since all you people are some kind of technical experts, can anyone please tell me if anyone has tried porting Sailfish to Mi5? Its compact and has better specs and better battery. Now I wouldnt want to start a debate as to whether it is better than Oneplus X.. I am just curious if this has been attempted before. Thanks in advance.
Yes and No. The kernel source is released (albeit months after the phone was released), CM is available. The no part is that its CM13, and there isn't a version if Libhybris that's works with that yet. @m4r0v3r might have a better idea about that.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
the current libhybris should work with any chipset thats not Qualcomm

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 218 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ India
Thank you nh1402 and m4r0v3r. So my understanding is that currently there is no support for CM13 and Snapdragon.. which leads me to believe that we may have support in future, right?

I have a Jolla Jolla, and would like to buy a new one. Though I am from India and the price of a Intex Sailfish is very low, the specs hardly inspires me to go for it. And I don't want to go for an android phone.. Not after using Sailfish from Feb 2014..

When I see the list of other devices where Sailfish has been ported, Fairphone and Oneplus X seem to be the ones with most success.. I cant afford a Fairphone and a used Oneplus X is almost as costly as a new Mi5, hence my question.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meet.vino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 on the Xiaomi Mi 5.

The Following User Says Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
i should clarify that this is with CM13

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Just got a new (to me) oneplus one to play around with sailfish. I installed multirom with the hope of trying plasma mobile and ubuntu touch for fun, too. Installed SFOS 2.0.4.13 and 2.0.2.48.

Camera works, supposedly sensors working on 2.0.4.13, but I can't confirm that yet. Also can't try phone functions since it requiandres a nano SIM and I'm not ready to cut down my micro SIM from my N9.

Doesn't look like I'll be able to.try Plasma, linls in tutorial for OPO are broken. Ubuntu touch had nasty habit of not turning the screen back on when unlocking the screen with the button.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
accelerometer works ok, display rotates as expected with device. Blurtooth seems buggy or maybe just hard to figure out. I can pair the OnePlus One with my N9 but can't actually do anything. GPS doesn't work. Don't know if I'd ever be able to use this as main phone just do to massive size, even if it turns out telephony works.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
OK, GPS can be made to work. I followed the instructions in this post in the OnePlus forums.

Haven't tried the compass fix yet.

Also, I can't get Poor maps to install for want of qt5-plugin-geoservices-here, possibly because I don't have the proper repo enabled.

Ed: Poor maps will work, but care must be taken to install the correct version. In my case, running SFOS 2.0.4, an older version of Poor Maps must be installed from openrepos website to be conpatible with corresponding Jolla libraries. Warehouse app can't currently sort out these dependency issues, so manual intervention is needed in this cade. I have a lot of catching up to do in RPM package management...

Ed 2: fixed link to instructions, thanks to aspergerguy

Last edited by robthebold; 2016-12-05 at 23:46.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Just noticed while the One was charging on nightstand next to N9 and N900 (wouldn't want a lonely phone) that the status LED thar works on Ubuntu Touch and Cyanogen doesn't work for Sailfish. I've ordered a SIM trimmer, so I'll find out soon about telephony...

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
OK, GPS can be made to work. I followed the instructions in this post in the OnePlus forums.
Think that you want this link to make it easier:
https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/s...#post-15287906

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post: