Notices

Whats the best camera app currently out for the N900?

Opinions please...

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
I usually use these apps

Fcamera (controlled exposure and more)
Blessn900 (HDR)
HDRcapture (obviously HDR)
Lowlight (excellent night shots)
Quick Panorama pro
Camera (native) (quick response)

The Following User Says Thank You to jrinconr For This Useful Post:
Native one is I think only one currently which supports writing location- and other meta data to EXIF-fields.
Fcamera would really need this.

i cant seem to zoom with Fcam either

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
i really dont like having so many different camera apps...^^

couldnt some of these functions be integrated into the systems camera-app?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
maybe it will be integrated into the native camera app, but since nokia is slowly getting less interested in the N900 some developer should do it instead.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by assetburned View Post
maybe it will be integrated into the native camera app, but since nokia is slowly getting less interested in the N900 some developer should do it instead.
The native Maemo camera app is closed source and not really available to modify.

It was a Nokia collaboration that brought us FCamera and the developers are looking for someone to pick it up (open source project) and run with it now that they are done (they were graduate students and are now trying to graduate and move on).

I agree it would be nice to have one app that combines the features. FCamera++ is the obvious approach but needs a lead developer.

One feature i'm particularly missing is a simple timer. It exists in the modified FCamera code used for time lapse photography, and i'm hoping the developer will release his code or update it to work with the latest FCamera.

There's some great tools for photography with the N900... but the experience could use a bit of polish.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
sorry to say that but i guess that is exactly one of the reasons why my university refused to have students writing open source stuff for the university. at the end the students only write it once and if they left, the project is abandoned... and the next student has to start from scratch... crap :-/ one of the bad things about open source.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
what is the most stable camera apps here in maemo?

Originally Posted by kulas View Post
what is the most stable camera apps here in maemo?
obviously the default one