Posts: 1 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2020 @ Vietnam
So I just got a broken N900 off someone who said it randomly just bootlooped out of nowhere,and I thought it was just a software related problem and turns out...it wasn’t.I tried flashing multiple times just to end up with the Nokia logo showing up,then the five dots showing up for 10 seconds then loops back,until I tried enabling R&D mode and the phone just started booting up just fine minus charging,so now the question here I may ask is,which part broke inside the phone and can I (or a board repairman) fix it?I know the N900 has problems with the baseband and such but not this

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by dotnick View Post
So I just got a broken N900 off someone who said it randomly just bootlooped out of nowhere,and I thought it was just a software related problem and turns out...it wasn’t.I tried flashing multiple times just to end up with the Nokia logo showing up,then the five dots showing up for 10 seconds then loops back,until I tried enabling R&D mode and the phone just started booting up just fine minus charging,so now the question here I may ask is,which part broke inside the phone and can I (or a board repairman) fix it?I know the N900 has problems with the baseband and such but not this
there's a thread on this site about baking the circuit boards to reflow the solder to solve some hardware issues. you might want to seek that out and read thru to see if you think it's applicable in your case. bake or oven or reflow keywords should.find it. Good luck

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dotnick View Post
I tried enabling R&D mode and the phone just started booting up just fine minus charging
So the phone boots fine, but doesn't charge.
If you don't use R&D mode the phone bootloops, but charges.
This implies that you can switch between rd mode enabled/disabled and reproduce this behaviour 100%, yes?
Did you do obvious troubleshooting tests like boot the device while USB connected to computer or charger, and while disconnected?

This does NOT sound like a hardware problem to me.

What commands exactly did you use for the various flashings?

Share your troubleshooting process.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: