Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
I guess you missed my request for mm specification some pages back
Or did i miss your answer?

It would be possible to do a pdf that prints out in real life size and could be cut to a mockup so people who have concernes with sizes can have a little foretaste.
The quick way is to have a similar sized phone, like iphone plus or whatever... and enlarge one of the ID picture until the screen on picture the same size as the device's screen, and you'll have idea how big the keys underneath.

Let's save paper.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVd6WWDSthY

The campaign is set to launch by 12:00 noon UK Time (GMT+0).

Trying to finalising everything now...

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Campaign is running!

Best of luck to you chen!

-.- i have forgotten my credit card at home, so my wish for fast sellout of early bird is shifted to 16:00
EDIT Puuuh, a nice collegue helped me out \o/

Last edited by mosen; 2017-03-03 at 11:36.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
How's the UI of android in landscape? In iOS it's terrible, dozen of apps are portrait-only and if they are landscape the UI elements get utterly big. Bought BT slider for my workphone but thing is, almost don't use it because of the clumsy UI and integration.

N900 is still my device of choice for typing mails. Too bad it doesn't support whatsapp anymore, because too much communication happen through whatsapp.
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Better than on iOS but still far from great (better on tablets). Sailfish is better but some apps are portarit only. On android also. The only phone with proper landscape was N900. Where people complained about the lack of portrait support.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
I was testing on 11:30 just see if everything was well, you are so quick Mosen!

Last edited by chenliangchen; 2017-03-03 at 12:08.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Hi Chen,

This is a fantastic idea. Thanks for all of your work so far Chen

Perhaps you could rename this thread to something more appropriate/descriptive? ('IndieGogo campaign launched for Moto Z physical keyboard mod', or something?)

FYI: just placed a link to your campaign and this thread in the forum of a Dutch tech site, Tweakers.net:
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum...40197#50440197 (it's in Dutch )
Hope this helps generate some publicity.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThomasAH View Post
Hi Chen,

This is a fantastic idea. Thanks for all of your work so far Chen

Perhaps you could rename this thread to something more appropriate/descriptive? ('IndieGogo campaign launched for Moto Z physical keyboard mod', or something?)

FYI: just placed a link to your campaign and this thread in the forum of a Dutch tech site, Tweakers.net:
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum...40197#50440197 (it's in Dutch )
Hope this helps generate some publicity.
Thank you so much! Yes good point I will change the name of this thread... for less confusion. And thanks again for all your support!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Anyone of the backers here planning to port Sailfish to Moto Z or do you buy the keyboard for use with android?

@chenliangchen
The IGG site is a bit vague regarding if battery will be included. Can you give a rough estimate on when you think that will be decided? A week? After the campaign has ended?

@chenliangchen
By scandic keyboard you mean ÅÄÖ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tealc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tealc View Post
Anyone of the backers here planning to port Sailfish to Moto Z or do you buy the keyboard for use with android?

@chenliangchen
The IGG site is a bit vague regarding if battery will be included. Can you give a rough estimate on when you think that will be decided? A week? After the campaign has ended?

@chenliangchen
By scandic keyboard you mean ÅÄÖ?
- Regarding battery. We are working with Moto engineers for the prototype. The challenge now is the connecting part - where the metal connectors and magnets are - can't reduce thickness. We are working hard to reduce the top weight and make the mod as slim as possible. This will take about a week from now. Until that part is confirmed I can't guarantee the battery (which is on the bottom). Having it or not will be balanced by overall thickness and comfortness in hand. That is why I did not put 100% confirmed at the moment.

- Yes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
crowdfunding, hwkbd, tainted love