Something I do not understand:

- Jolla 1 is not supported anymore
- Why are btrfs tools updated again? There is no other device than Jolla1 able to work with btrfs (all the others do not have btrfs kernel modules)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cy8aer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
I see patches in Patchmanager Web Catalog which are compatible with 4.01. But i can not apply these or any other patches. Is Patchmanager only not working for me or does anyone have the same problems?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
The same here..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Me to... three, four.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
[...]If I got it right, the new version brings only small changes under the hood, not any major functional changes, or UI changes that we were normally getting with each major update from SFOS 1 to 2 to 3...
Well, Jolla handled this the same way with SFOS 2.0.0: just a polished SailfishOS 1.1.9
IMO this strategy is fine, but it obviously does not fulfil the expectation of a new major release providing "groundbreaking" changes.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I noticed just one regression so far. (well probably not an actual regression, maybe an older library dropped from release); seems that Rena no longer draws/displays a map while recording a track... the positioning and track drawing to canvas works correctly though, it is just the map graphic that is missing.

It worked amazingly well up to now without rebuild through all the releases from the very first 1.x onwards. ☺

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I noticed just one regression so far.
I've noticed quite a few. Notifications can no longer be dismissed individually. Patches no longer work. I did not hunt for bugs but those two stand out like a sore thumb.

On the positive side, my perenial problem I've been coplaining about for at least two years seems to have been resolved. Probably by accident, I doubt Jolla actually cared.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Something I do not understand:

- Jolla 1 is not supported anymore
- Why are btrfs tools updated again? There is no other device than Jolla1 able to work with btrfs (all the others do not have btrfs kernel modules)
They might have updated the package before they made the decision to drop J1? Maybe they were going to update it to just one 4.x release then drop it?
Or might be for people who like pain and format MicroSD cards as BTRFS?

Coincidentally my J1 hosed itself trying to upgrade to the final release by strangling itself with its own BTRFS metadata (a constant problem back when I was using it regularly) while updating. Booted with lots of dependency mismatches and no UI, now won't boot at all. I tried to resurrect it, and still perhaps could, but frankly I can't be bothered. It died the way it lived, with a self-immolatory filesystem.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Notifications can no longer be dismissed individually.
They can! Hit the button ones and swipe them away individually.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
They can! Hit the button ones and swipe them away individually.
And then people say Jolla's always adding more buttons and getting rid of swipes... The real problem is, at least to me, not whether or not they're using buttons or swipes, but that they aren't consistent about it, and the inconsistencies in general keep adding up with every new release. Why are the headings in the new Events view left-aligned even though they're right-aligned literally everywhere else? Who knows.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: