Posts: 33 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Houston TX
The Hover Mode..One feature of the n900 i was completely unaware of till yesterday when i wanted to copy some text off my webpage and puzzled me that this phone couldn't do so when it could do every other darn thing on the internet..I discovered via more research about a feature known as the hover mode and was elated to say the least about my new discovery..time to put it to the test and kabooom... no hover mode..no cursor popping up..no nothing at all..after watching a dozen videos on how to enable it i reckon the fault is with my phone an probably all the apps i got installed from the devel repository..bail me out ppl..countin on ya'll..Thanks a bunch

The Following User Says Thank You to vinverth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
just try again.

swipe your finger from the far left (at the edge of the device...)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Ive been doin tht for the past hour..cal me a pro at swipin,oh yeah i forgot to add i have a screen protector on tht responds wonderfully every wjere else

The Following User Says Thank You to vinverth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
can you get the page history opened by swiping from right edge to center?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
some people had trouble with this using their finger. try the stylus on the bottom left if your having difficulty

It does take a little practice the first few times.

The Following User Says Thank You to codeMonkey For This Useful Post:
i use the back button for the history and no the swiping doesnt work for the history either..and ive been swipin loads and not even a fluke..is it the phone??

ps:i updated it to the new firmware..is the hover mode no longer functional on the update?

Last edited by vinverth; 2010-01-13 at 21:08.

Hover mode works (even with the update), but not very well at all. I have to use the stylus to get it to work consistently. Odd thing is the "history" swipe (from the right) works for me all the time with my finger.

Also, I recommend using the stylus for hover mode anyway because your finger will cover up whatever it is you are hovering over.

Could it be the screen protector..Every other function is smooth with the screen protector probly the hover mode needs my touch..lol

Once in the hover mode, how do i do copy and paste? I can highlight some text, but no where to find copy and paste.