hy i have buy polarcell battey on ebay but i dont know how to charge it full... so this is my output from lshal

Code:
battery.charge_level.capacity_state = 'ok'  (string)
  battery.charge_level.current = 8  (0x8)  (int)
  battery.charge_level.design = 8  (0x8)  (int)
  battery.charge_level.last_full = 0  (0x0)  (int)
  battery.charge_level.percentage = 91  (0x5b)  (int)
  battery.charge_level.unit = 'bars'  (string)
  battery.is_rechargeable = true  (bool)
  battery.present = true  (bool)
  battery.rechargeable.is_charging = false  (bool)
  battery.rechargeable.is_discharging = true  (bool)
  battery.remaining_time = 18000  (0x4650)  (int)
  battery.remaining_time.calculate_per_time = false  (bool)
  battery.reporting.current = 1155  (0x483)  (int)
  battery.reporting.design = 1267  (0x4f3)  (int)
  battery.reporting.last_full = 0  (0x0)  (int)
  battery.reporting.unit = 'mAh'  (string)
  battery.type = 'pda'  (string)
  battery.voltage.current = 4081  (0xff1)  (int)
  battery.voltage.design = 4200  (0x1068)  (int)
  battery.voltage.unit = 'mV'  (string)
  info.capabilities = {'battery'} (string list)
  info.category = 'battery'  (string)
how too charge it full?
i have this script :http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1176
is it safe to use it!?
or is it full to the end, just not calibrated chip.
So says a different measurement

thanks
ps: sorry for bad language

Last edited by sehrz; 2013-01-06 at 08:05.

The normal battery meter does not use the chip.
The normal battery meter is not very good.

If the green light came on, then the battery is full, even if normal battery meter says 91%.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
The normal battery meter does not use the chip.
The normal battery meter is not very good.

If the green light came on, then the battery is full, even if normal battery meter says 91%.
thank you

Originally Posted by Anubis Black View Post
Just a quick question regarding mugen covers. Going to the provided link and searching for HLI-N900XL yields a single result, which requires you to buy a battery with the cover, so I guess this is not the correct procedure.

If I understand correctly, the suggestion is to follow the link provided and in the field "Battery Model and Cover Color" to put "HLI-N900XL" and in the "Your Battery Order Number" field to write "50002XXXX" where XXXX ranges from 0001 to 3000. Is this correct? What bothers me is that this page is an order for an additional backdoor, which seems to be different from a cover (if one is to judge by the image shown).

Can you please shed some light on this issue, perhaps whether or not the cover is still available and if the workaround is still possible?
Hi "Anubis Black",

approximately one month ago I followed the steps you are mentioning and I got the proper cover for my N900. So I guess there wont be any problem if you do it so. I hope that with this message you will feel encouraged enough to buy it
Regards

I have a Scud battery I bought in a Scud shop in Dali, China thinking it was the famous Scud of this thread. It says 1700 mAh, but turned out to be a lot less.

Anyway, recently I used by phone until it fully discharged, and now I'm unable to charge this battery again. Does anyone know why this might be?

Originally Posted by Anubis Black View Post
Just a quick question regarding mugen covers. Going to the provided link and searching for HLI-N900XL yields a single result, which requires you to buy a battery with the cover, so I guess this is not the correct procedure.

If I understand correctly, the suggestion is to follow the link provided and in the field "Battery Model and Cover Color" to put "HLI-N900XL" and in the "Your Battery Order Number" field to write "50002XXXX" where XXXX ranges from 0001 to 3000. Is this correct? What bothers me is that this page is an order for an additional backdoor, which seems to be different from a cover (if one is to judge by the image shown).

Can you please shed some light on this issue, perhaps whether or not the cover is still available and if the workaround is still possible?
Hi there,

"Anubis Black" approximately one month ago I ordered just a cover from Mugen for my N900 following the same steps you are commenting and I did get it without any problem.

BTW I have done a dual battery with Polarcells and it really rulez!!

Thanks "dr_frost_dk" for sharing with us your knowledge and tests and also to the community. Much appreciated

Hi there,

"Anubis Black" approximately one month ago I ordered just a cover from Mugen for my N900 following the same steps you are commenting and I did get it without any problem.

BTW I have done a dual battery with Polarcells and it really rulez!!

Thanks "dr_frost_dk" for sharing with us your knowledge and tests and also to the community. Much appreciated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enekux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
I know this thread is all about Do_It_Yourself but I was wandering how many of you guys would be willing to pay say £50 for ready made dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with mugen cover. Free delivery in UK and extra charge for International...

If you are interested please use Thanks button, I don't want to clutter this thread with "count me in posts".
Thanks
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

The Following User Says Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by sEKI View Post
I know this thread is all about Do_It_Yourself but I was wandering how many of you guys would be willing to pay say £50 for ready made dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with mugen cover. Free delivery in UK and extra charge for International...

If you are interested please use Thanks button, I don't want to clutter this thread with "count me in posts".
Thanks
That's a good price sEKI considering that mugen takes much more for their crappy battery that has much less capacity.

Should i add you offer to the first post's?, just so you get a bit more exposure.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Bristol, UK
Well, since you've asked dr_frost_dk... I was just going to check "the market" and get some pre-orders maybe. Looks like I'll have some spare time and could possible make some dual batteries but if nobody's interested I'm reluctant to spend my hard earned money.

BTW dr_frost_dk have you ever considered/tried building triple or even quadruple battery? Just ignore the fact that n900 would like heavily blown over muscle car...
Flash Player v10.1 (faked to v12.1) is here!

Taking pre-orders for dual PolarCell battery (~3000mAh) with Mugen cover for £50
Get a free giffgaff Sim with £5 credit here! Also 250mins unlimited txts & internet for £10 PAYG!

The Following User Says Thank You to sEKI For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc