Hi everyone,

I've been searching the internet for a while and can't seem to find anything that explains clearly how to do this for the N810 (or even if it's possible, though I saw some things that made it sound like it should work for N770), but feel free to point me to any forum posts or websites I might have missed...

Anyways, it sounds like (at least in theory) it should be possible for me to pair my N810 with my Windows XP laptop and access internet over bluetooth (for the summer my home internet is over a wired connection with my laptop, so no convenient wireless for my N810).

After a bit of fighting with Windows I managed to get the two devices paired - went in through N810's control panel, and set up a "phone" connection (and listed "none" for my "cellular operator") with my laptop. Then after the setup, I choose my laptop as my "selected phone", choose "edit", and tell it to "connect". After the connection, though, my N810 thinks my laptop is a bluetooth headset. Now my laptop will happily play the music on my N810, but that doesn't give me internet on my N810... (So my N810 lists my laptop as a phone but treats it like a headset, could this get any sillier?)

I've messed with a lot of different bluetooth and network related options in Windows XP, but perhaps I'm missing something? I assume it's more of a Windows problem than an N810 problem, but at this point I'm not really sure and might just have to give up until I move in a couple weeks...

Anyone ever done this over Windows XP and know what the appropriate settings are to allow N810 to access internet over bluetooth?

Thanks in advance for any advice! :-)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=15937

Also, a search in the forums for "bluetooth internet windows xp will bring up quite a few other threads on the topic with all the info you need.

I tried all that already without luck... That one page basically told me what I already knew, that the Windows configuration needs to be changed from default to... something else?

But with a bit more internet searching, I came across an alternative that I never realized was possible... Instead of bluetooth, it basically involves setting up an ad hoc wireless network. I figure I'll share this in case anyone else would like to take advantage of it:

http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/...r-symbian.html

I don't know if it's the safest method, but it at least works for now. :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to LavenderHLJ For This Useful Post:
So,if i'm right, i'm going to buy a usb wireless adapter?
Like these below?
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=usb...dora&_osacat=0