Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
Also the ports don't have an option to set the default image location to the memory card which is quite annoying. "There is an app for that" but...
Now I have had some more experience with the Gcam port and I have noticed some more annoyances. For example the framerate options don't do anything. Even if I set the framerate to 60 the recorded videos are 30 frames per second. Also slow motion option records normal video. A port made specifically for Pro1 would probably fix these. However, I have not heard that anyone would be working on this. It is a pity because the sensor appears to be high quality and optics decent but the image processing of default Snapdragon camera is horrific and Gcam is lacking features.

The video quality of GCam is superior compared to Snapdragon camera, especially in low light.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Would suggest to try again. With the chinese new year mixed with corona virus closing factory and such has probably caused a lot of problems plus a flood of mails.
I did that. They made excuses and said that the management should decide. You put me off again. The deadline they set has now been passed for a week.
I had cancelled my order long before the Corona crisis due to the desolate communication strategy. I am very disappointed. I congratulate all those who were lucky enough to receive the device. But I would not expect too much service.

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Would suggest to try again. With the chinese new year mixed with corona virus closing factory and such has probably caused a lot of problems plus a flood of mails.
I did that. They made excuses and said that the management should decide. They put me off again. The deadline they set has now been passed for a week.
I had cancelled my order long before the Corona crisis due to the desolate communication strategy. I am very disappointed. I congratulate all those who were lucky enough to receive the device. But I would not expect too much after sales service.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wuelmaus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Normandy, France
Last Proš production update (received yesterday) :

Hello,

We just wanted to send you another update with regards to you Pro1's production status.

Following the obstacles we have faced over the last week, we have now received our re-scheduled components delivery from our suppliers. This means we expect things to be getting back to normal to a certain extent and we can resume shipping as soon as next week.

We are trying our hardest to get through this difficult time as quickly and as carefully as we can, and will continue to send round regular updates to keep you in the loop.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get int touch with our support desk on info@fxtec.com.

Thank you again for your continued patience and support.

Sincerely,

Adrian and Chen
Founders, F(x)tec

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to n-mi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
There should be something like a counter for community members who already have there FXtec pros. I'd guess it at about a dozen right now? Still lots of pre-orders not shipped, I'm guessing?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bennypr0fane For This Useful Post:
I feel like that could be done with a poll at the start of this thread.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Is there any way to limit the available screen rotations?

Like every SFOS device I've had, the rotation options from the UI are horizontal, vertical or auto.

Very minor problem is the grand scheme, but one minor annoyance I've had with the Pro1 is there isn't much in the way of visual cues of the physical orientation when picking it up. A number of times I've answered the phone, only to find I'm holding it upside down. Obviously I could turn of rotation, but that makes using the keyboard a bit of a faff.

If it were possible to limit available rotations to 0deg and 90deg, it might be a useful hack. Alternatively turn off the rotation, except when the keyboard is open? In fact, that might be a better option for me.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
There is a patch that allows screen rotation except upside-down portrait:
https://openrepos.net/content/alina/...ailfishos-apps

Would that be any good?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Thanks for that Pichlo, I had missed that one.

It works sometimes, but it seems easy to catch it out.
I was imagining there would be some simple rotation script somewhere on the device that could be hacked about.

It seems that even being locked up at home, I haven't found the time to dig into the inner workings of the SFOS UI. Must try harder :-)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
There should be something like a counter for community members who already have there FXtec pros. I'd guess it at about a dozen right now? Still lots of pre-orders not shipped, I'm guessing?
Yes!

I'd also like to know if anyone has succesfully canceled their order and received their money back. I've been waiting for 1,5 months for now... (Not to say I don't support this endeavour but this corona-stuff kind of changed my financial situation)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit