Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
some is probaddly true some he seems overeact.

But I agree with him fire that Microsoft Muppet

I beggining to think Elp will not be longlived. But biggest problem is how the contract with Microsoft looks
You have to read the comments as well to get a more balanced view , but you probably have.

What's wrong with Elop is that he doesn't seem all that bright. He doesn't really understand what is going on, or he has massive opposition within Nokia, leaking info that when taken out of context, makes him look stupid and clumsy. Maybe a bit of both.

But the erosion within Nokia started years ago, and has continued ever since. All that was needed in 2007 was to renew Symbian, but they didn't even though it should have started years before that. Instead they got Qt in the hope that it would by magic be much better simply by adding yet another layer on top. And the talk about MeeGo, the N9 doesn't even run MeeGo, it runs Maemo that has been developed over 5 years now, and it runs on a processor chipset that is more or less identical to he N900. MeeGo does still not exist in a usable form on ARM (phones). I mean, the situation was unbelievable, Maemo was neglected for Symbian, but Symbian was also neglected because it was such a mess that no one wanted to really clean it up. I bet Elop talked to Maemo/MeeGo guys who told him that Symbian was a complete mess, then he talked to Symbian guys who told him that MeeGo would never be finished. They were all telling the truth. Now, when a lot of dead weight has been removed from the teams, they finally starts to deliver, the N9, Symbian Anna (still messed up or not). Dead weight includes lots of previous key personnel working at Nokia R&D.

But Tomi still hasn't understood what the "next billion" is about, and that is disappointing. Instead he uses it to bash Elop, when this clearly is Nokias main strategy forward, and what is going to save this burning platform.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Somebody cook up a FAIL picture with elop's face, fast!

I really like his analysis on Skype and Carriers.
Right on as the rest of the article but in that Skype case Nokia has made this error before.

http://about.skype.com/2009/02/skype...er_to_int.html

Maybe for the same reason we did see Skype integration only in N900 and N9 so far.

90% of those elop citations are not contradictions. Of course elop does not have a background in the mobile industry so he probably still has a lot to learn.

The thing that makes me doubt elops leadership qualities is the early announcement of symbians death (a fatal mistake) and that recent wp7 leak, if indeed elop is behind it.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
90% of those elop citations are not contradictions. Of course elop does not have a background in the mobile industry so he probably still has a lot to learn.

The thing that makes me doubt elops leadership qualities is the early announcement of symbians death (a fatal mistake) and that recent wp7 leak, if indeed elop is behind it.
as emergency CEO of Nokia learning mobile industry on the go, is that accepted?
Why they did not pick me then? I can read a book about corporate management and learn about the industry while leading Nokia with Symbian and Harmatan on course.

Seriously, at this level dangerously incompetent is what comes to mind to describe those who hired the muppet at first place.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
90% of those elop citations are not contradictions.
This. Seriously I doubt I even read half of it before closing the tab, none of these are contradictions at all. Anyone who things otherwise really needs to get their eyes checked. Just like anyone who thinks there really is an "Elopcalypse" should walk on down to their local psych ward, tin foil hat in hand.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Elop has contradicted himself. But you know what?

I expected no less.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
I really don't want to go back to that article, any chance someone could copy/paste a legit contradiction in here?

I realise I'm being petulant as all hell.

Originally Posted by keflex View Post
I really don't want to go back to that article, any chance someone could copy/paste a legit contradiction in here?

I realise I'm being petulant as all hell.
ok then, no contradictions! The writer takes poor Elops phrases out of well funded fact based PR messages and uses it to make his point about what exactly?

Maybe there were no WMD's in Irak but the world is a better place with Saddam removed. (Blair)

ok, the platform was not burning that much but WP7 was the better choice for Nokia shareholders after all (...)

its must be this platform rubbish and his 'leaked' video of Seagull WP7 to 'make no mistake guys WP7 it shall be' then that makes him such an Elop?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Bring back Anssi Vanjoki to clean up this mess.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Bring back Anssi Vanjoki to clean up this mess.
Doubtful. He didn't get CEO, so he showed himself the door.

Tags
elop is nero, elopocalypse, king tomi, nero fiddling