Hello all,

I just wanted to let you all know that unforunately i had my phone (N9)stolen on sunday at nottinghill carnival (london).
I tried the track and protect service, but it keeps telling me that i have no credit even though there is and the company incharge hasnt responded. I basically written it off at this point

Based on the advise of the police and the network in question, the phone has been blocked. I have also been informed that if someone tries to unblock it, the police will get involved.

I guess i am writing this as a word of warning if you happen to walk into a phone shop around london and see one, be careful or not.

I can provide IMEI number here or in pm if requested

regards,

if its blocked itll be pretty useless in the UK and i doubt any shop would accept it. it would be most likely sold overseas

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
if its blocked itll be pretty useless in the UK and i doubt any shop would accept it. it would be most likely sold overseas
Thats what i was thinking, but you would be supprised there a quite a few less reputable shops that would except phones known to be or not known to be sholen, but since i consider this one of thoughs phones that the average user would snub (my friends did with their iphones and galaxys) and that either someone who knows what it is would buy it and maybe buy the tinest of luck, find this thread or post here with a problems about it being blocked.

regards

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by min0me View Post
Please dont, dont hand over any opportunity for the thieves or buyers.

Hope the best for you

/Niel

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Originally Posted by min0me View Post
Please dont, dont hand over any opportunity for the thieves or buyers.
Now, how do you think this would give any opportunity to the thief?
He already knows the IMEI, as it is written on the device itself, next to the SIM slot

Rather, it would be good to know, as for potential buyer to check against if some one is trying to sell you a too-cheap-seeming device...

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
@juice yes, valid point. But it is not wise to publish your imei, for piracy issues etc - hopefully he gets the device back.
If imei is cloned, then he might end up with a banned device

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now, how do you think this would give any opportunity to the thief?
He already knows the IMEI, as it is written on the device itself, next to the SIM slot

Rather, it would be good to know, as for potential buyer to check against if some one is trying to sell you a too-cheap-seeming device...
That was my kind of logic

Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
@juice yes, valid point. But it is not wise to publish your imei, for piracy issues etc - hopefully he gets the device back.
If imei is cloned, then he might end up with a banned device
my privacy when out of my pocket when it got stolen.
With a bit of effort you could circumvent any security on the device.
the IMEI number is in the police database so if you feel compelled to clone it, someone is going to be knocking on your door pretty sharpish

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to min0me For This Useful Post:
well, Iam not gonna clone it, but given the reactions to my point of view for security, I will just shut up :P
Good luck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Might be an idea to say what colour it was and maybe any marks or dents you can think of.

Tags
blocked, london, stolen