Originally Posted by cBeam View Post
Duh, looking them up on linkedin was the first thing I did. I keep my thoughts to myself after I read their profiles.

So again, does anyone have any background info about these guys? What makes them stand out? Are these the kind of executives that can pull it off in the mobile computer business? Did anyone work with them and has an opinion about them?
At least when Stefano left Nokia my twitter with Finnish Nokia employes exploded with people thanking him for the time he was in the company and that Nokia lost amazing engineer.
Don't know about others.

Somebody was already suggesting Vanjoki for the company. While he was threated like sh1t being the only member of the original Nokia dream team not getting CEO spot, this company needs non of the old Nokia execs.
Though he can happily invest to it, that who knows he might have already. Maybe OPK has dropped some coins as well.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
some inf. from google/linkedin

Dr. Antti Saarnio – Finland Investor / Financier
Mr. Jussi Hurmola – in past: Director of MeeGo Computers Releases and Integration at Nokia
Mr. Sami Pienimäki – working in product management/marketing, telephone communications
Mr. Stefano Mosconi – in past: MeeGo IT Manager at Nokia
Maemo IT Team Leader at Nokia
Infrastructure Engineer at Nokia
Mr. Marc Dillon – in past: MeeGo (was Maemo, OSSO) Principal Engineer, Configuration Management at Nokia
S40 CoreSW Integrator at Nokia
Symbian Build Manager / Team Leader at Nokia
Configuration Management Administrator at Nokia

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I'm conservatively hopeful for these turn of events.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Somebody was already suggesting Vanjoki for the company. While he was threated like sh1t being the only member of the original Nokia dream team not getting CEO spot, this company needs non of the old Nokia execs.
Though he can happily invest to it, that who knows he might have already. Maybe OPK has dropped some coins as well.
Until confirmed, I'd personally hold on banter as such because it'll create unrealistic hopes.

This is just the beginning of their public statements from a company that has been around since late last year building slowly it seems.

Originally Posted by panukooo View Post
I think this project is what was Meltemi
Nah, that was only scrapped just now, while these guys have been going for nearly a year. Besides, it's already been established that the project is Mer-based.

(this is all information posted right here on this thread btw, I mean speculating is one thing but at least make the effort to use the information readily available)

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Best wishes from my side but I don't have much hope of success. They will reach nowhere even after years.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
N900 would be my last Nokia Mobile phone.I am willing to jump ship on Jollamobile

If you read their tweets, I think it's fairly clear that Nokia is putting the moolah in here..

Just give us a qwerty slider Jolla !

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Manila
N900 and N9 enthusiasts Your freely to join here

http://www.facebook.com/groups/320329091389895/

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla