Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ta76eem View Post
in my N9
zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix
is located in /boot
shouldn't be in
/boot/Harmattan ??
When you look at the device filesystem when running harmattan, then the correct place is /boot/ as your mmcblk0p2 is mounted as /

When you look at the device filesystem when running ubiboot, the same location becomes /boot/Harmattan/boot/ because your / is now a RAMFS instance, and your mmcblk0p2 is mounted at /mnt/2/, which is symlinked to /boot/Harmattan/

I can't boot into MeeGo from the first try .. I must boot my phone and press the MeeGo button (and repeat that process 3 times) so I can boot my N9 ..
What happens when your boot does not succeed, will the device just remain with black screen, does it reboot back to menu, or does it start loading Harmattan and then stop?

What is your device's HW revision?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What happens when your boot does not succeed, will the device just remain with black screen, does it reboot back to menu, or does it start loading Harmattan and then stop?

What is your device's HW revision?
1- Boot the device press the MeeGo button the device Shutdown
2- Boot the device again choose the MeeGo button device Shutdown
3- Boot the device choose the MeeGo button the Nokia annimation apears and phone

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
1- Boot the device press the MeeGo button the device Shutdown
2- Boot the device again choose the MeeGo button device Shutdown
3- Boot the device choose the MeeGo button the Nokia annimation apears and phone
Okay, now as you have Meego Harmattan running, can you check the ubiboot log which is created on your device as; "MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log"

For each time you start device with ubiboot you will find an entry in the log, can you post that log somewhere?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@cthorell, @fejd,

I consulted @rainisto on this and he suspects that the reason for the MTD partitioning being incorrect on your devices might be an upgrade gone wrong.

At some point the MTD partitioning scheme was changed, and when devices were upgraded to next PR level the MTD should have been partitioned accordingly but if there was some problem then the old partition layout could have been preserved on the devices.

It is worth rtying to reflash the device clean back to Closed Mode with --no-preserve flag added on the command line, this should repartition both MTD and EMMC and fix the problem.
Possibly an OTA upgrade ?

So do a:
Code:
flasher -F main.bin -F emmc.bin --no-preserve -f -R
and good luck.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Okay, now as you have Meego Harmattan running, can you check the ubiboot log which is created on your device as; "MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log"

For each time you start device with ubiboot you will find an entry in the log, can you post that log somewhere?
Here it is :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ccb859q0zsi0ex/ubiboot.log

Here it is :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ccb859q0zsi0ex/ubiboot.log
Thanks.

According to the log, each time you boot Harmattan, it should start normally as far as ubiboot is concerned:
Jan 2 11:13:42 (none) user.notice root: Loading kernel /boot/Harmattan/boot/zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix
Jan 2 11:13:42 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() successful
Jan 2 11:13:42 (none) user.notice root: Restarting to selected OS

If there was a problem that ubiboot could detect, you would see something else than "kexec_load() successful" in the logfile.
Now, the problem is then something that happens after kexec() which starts the 2nd stage kernel.

Now, I presume your harmattan has to be PR1.3 level, as else you propably could not start the zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix kernel at all. (it would require an older PR kernel to match the OS)

So, most propably it is an aegis-related problem in startup. Can you check in your /var/log/syslog (and possibly /var/log/syslog.old) if there is something defilite that occurred when you tried starting harmattan and failed?

One thing that comes to mind, in which way have you entered Open Mode? Unless it is by back-to-back-closedmode-openmode flashing, it can leave your aegis in a state that causes all kinds of funny business, includeing but not limited to boot problems.

I flashed nitdroid kernel to enter openmode .. Didnt flash the openmode_fix

I flashed nitdroid kernel to enter openmode .. Didnt flash the openmode_fix
That is also OK, it forks with any openmode kernel, but the important thing to do is to first flash it fully Closed Mode and then flash to Open Mode, without letting the device boot between the flashings.

If you do it that way, your device aegis keys will be created for Open Mode and everything will work much better.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
Originally Posted by Garp View Post
Yes thanks!
https://mega.co.nz/#!VZYnGZxA!NEBsgF...moh-Fluztvjxo0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FotixChiang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Nice service, but not available from N9:
Your browser seems a bit outdated
Please update to the latest version or switch to a recommended browser:

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature