Notices

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
When using MicroB, I sometimes have to click 10 (!) or more times on a check mark until its state toggles. No matter whether I use a finger or pen. Is this a known bug ?

I often have the same problem, esp the chckboxes in the rss reader. My easy workaround is 1 click which always at least 'highlights' the checkbox, then hit tthe center key on the dpad. Hope it helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to chrisak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
You have just stated the must frustrating thing i experience everytimg i surf the web on the Nokia n810. which is a real sham,e considering the device is said to be webcentric. if anything the browser should be a killer. well its not.

My Blog

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ NYC, NY
Originally Posted by skatebiker View Post
When using MicroB, I sometimes have to click 10 (!) or more times on a check mark until its state toggles. No matter whether I use a finger or pen. Is this a known bug ?
Ditto me on this. Generally, though, I just the *$&%ing checkboxes so bloody small, it's hard to get a "hit" on it. It's probably that my calibration is off by a pixel or two - but with those tiny boxes, it gets ridiculous... (gmail is an offender here).

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
I think the clickable target area is very small, so even a very minor miscalibration of the screen messes it up. I can click my checkboxes reliably now that I know I need to click half a millimetre higher than my eyes are telling me.

Regards,
Roger

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
I think a nice plugin for the N810 (and other touchscreen devices with a high pixel density) can be:
When the user clicks on the screen, regardless what, it zooms in the area around the hit area and the next xlick results in a 'normal' action of a click. I think for some developers it can be a challenge to develop such thing.

I do one of 2 things:
Zoom in a few times before clicking, or use the D-pad. Once a link or box is highlighted but for some reason it doesn't click you can hit the "enter" button (center of the pad) to select it.

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
this is one big reason ive been using the Tear browser, check boxes are much bigger. Check it out if you havent, you wont be disappointed!

It should be very easy to increase checkboxes a bit using GreaseMonkey. I use a GreaseMonkey script to increase the font size also, which makes most web pages much easier to read. If I can find the time, I will post such a GM script to this forum.