Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Any body kind enough to compile gworldclock for maemo? I tried to look for something that can display more than 2 locations (as what the osso worldclock can do) but to no avail. I thought gworldclock is simple yet powerful enough, and is open source.

Thank you in advance!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ported it. Main window and menu hildonized. I'll add fullscreen to it soon.

tzwatch is optional (it may need bash).

gworldclock is in 2 posts below.
Attached Files
File Type: deb tzwatch_1.4.4-7maemo1_all.deb (12.8 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-12-03 at 15:40.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Great! Thanks a lot !

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Added fullscreen. Source attached too (diff contains patches of the changes I made)
Attached Files
File Type: deb gworldclock_1.4.4-7maemo1_armel.deb (40.4 KB, 122 views)
File Type: gz gworldclock_1.4.4-7maemo1.diff.gz (5.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: gz gworldclock_1.4.4.orig.tar.gz (219.4 KB, 113 views)
File Type: txt gworldclock_1.4.4-7maemo1.dsc.txt (459 Bytes, 120 views)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
qwerty12 rocks, <3 habib

Faheem, would you consider to make a (simple/small) page with links to all your ports and hacks? Could be as simple as HTML 3.x but its just easy...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
qwerty12 rocks, <3 habib

Faheem, would you consider to make a (simple/small) page with links to all your ports and hacks? Could be as simple as HTML 3.x but its just easy...

I don't even know where most of my stuff is . http://qwerty12.maemobox.org is where I usually keep me stuff, though you can find <mostly> hldonized transmission in extras and a quick sdl game (pipepanic). I've been messing with transparent windows in the screenshots thread so far.
The rest of my stuff is pretty much straight compiles, nothing worthwhile (minus osso-xterm & hildon-application-manager mod)

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Could this be turned into an applet? Have the timezone info just as it appears in gworldclock but placed in an echo theme-styled (transparent black) desktop applet like homeip and homecalendar?

Easily. I hijacked Khertan's HomeIP applet for this task.

apt-get install tzwatch bash2 and then edit
/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/homeip.py and change the entire
Code:
def get_text(self):
function to

Code:
        def get_text(self):                                                     
                devs = commands.getoutput("tzwatch")                            
                return devs
Dunno how quick it is at updating though,

Tags
gworldclock, world clock